Jimmy Choo Boot Sizing Advice

bootsforever

Hello - as you can see I am new to this forum! I am hoping someone may be able to offer me some advice regarding how Jimmy Choo boots size?? I take a 9 / 42 in Aldo and Faith boots - they fit me nicely. I am looking to buy / invest in a pair of Jimmy Choo Orchid knee high boots, also in a 9 / 42. Does anyone have experience of Jimmy Choo sizing? - is thier 42 comparable to Aldo etc?? I am hoping that JC 42 is 'true to size' so I can treat myself to the boots as an early x-mas present. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately I cant try them on before I buy - for a variety of reasons (including the fact I would not have the confidence to do so) I just womdered whether someone else had a pair of JC boots in a size 9 / 42 so they could tell me how they compared to say Aldo or Faith?? Thanks again!

It's your choice, but if I were spending upwards of £500 I would HAVE to try them on before parting with my money. They are there to sell shoes... A sale, is a sale, and it's worth remembering that the sales staff WILL have seen it all before. If you don't want to admit they are for you then make up a story, say your evil size 9 booted mistress insists you buy her some boots!!! : ) Also, next time someone asks for sizing help, you can help them.

This is great advice from Ben. When you try them on, you may get strange looks, or snickers, or rolled eyes, but when you give the sales person your money for them, they will smile and say "thank you very much!" And you will know that the shoe fits.

benno, ronniheels - thanks for the advice and support, which in my very short time here has been great! I guess Im just not in that place yet - but hopefully with time I will be! For now, I think I will have to reply on mail order and a good return policy! Thanks again! :)

Hello - as you can see I am new to this forum!

I am hoping someone may be able to offer me some advice regarding how Jimmy Choo boots size??

I take a 9 / 42 in Aldo and Faith boots - they fit me nicely.

I am looking to buy / invest in a pair of Jimmy Choo Orchid knee high boots, also in a 9 / 42.

Does anyone have experience of Jimmy Choo sizing? - is thier 42 comparable to Aldo etc??

I am hoping that JC 42 is 'true to size' so I can treat myself to the boots as an early x-mas present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Hi, I have 2 pairs of Jimmy Choo boots. One pair are a few years old but I bought a pair of Isadora boots last winter.

Isadora

I take a 41 myself and find the same size in a Jimmy Choo boot to be a fine fit but I do have narrow (girly-like) feet. If you have any width in your foot, I would go a half size bigger.

Thanks for your reply Astrid - I have ordered a pair of Orchid knee high boots in a 42 / 9 - I think this size is 'not normal stock' for Jimmy Choo?? They have a 4 inch heel, pointed toe and full lenght zip that runs up the back of the boots - they a fully leather linned as well which is great! I am really looking forward to getting them know though - I will add some pictures when I get them. Do you have any pics of your boots Astrid??

Just for the record. I went to Topshop in the new Westfield shopping centre in Stratford today. I wanted to try on a pair of their Augusta boots.

TOPSHOP Augusta

The large shoe department was fairly quiet, there were about 10 women browsing and a couple of women were trying on mentally high, skyscraper, leopard print boots and shoes.

I picked up the display pair of the boots I wanted and waited for a free sales assistant. I asked for them in a 41 and she came back and said they only had the tan version in a 41. I asked if I could try them in tan brown 41 and also the black in a 40. She came back and said she found a pair in black 41.

I sat on a chair opposite the 2 women and took off my shoes. I had stripey pink socks on, bright red skinny jeans, a vintage 80s blue and white striped slightly batwing womens T shirt and a white hooded top printed all over with retro red and blue lensed 3D glasses. I popped the boots on and had a walk around and looked in the mirrors.

Guess what...

NO ONE SAID A THING TO ME & THE WORLD DIDN'T END!!! The sales assistant looked at me and gave me a warm smile. The leopard print women didn't even look up as they were absorbed in their own world.

I went to the cashier section and there was a young Asian guy on the till. He opened the box and looked at the boots. He didn't say a word about the style. I felt a little cheated, so I told him that they were really similar to some super expensive 'mens' boots I had seen in a designer shop. He looked a little surprised so I told him that my girlfriend and I had recently started to dare each other to wear more interesting clothes and that life was to short to not have fun with your clothes.

So is there a moral to this story? Yes. It's all in your head. No one cares.

Cheers and good luck with the Choos,

Ben

Thanks Benno - I admire your confidence and deep down I know you are right! No one would care and even if they did - does it matter? I guess spending over £500 on a pair of boots and not trying them on is a bit crazy - plus I missed out on the in store pampering and 'feel good' factor of trying them on - perhaps next time! Would be interested to see a picture of the boots you brought. :)

I guess I am in for some 'I told you so' Courier arrived with my pristine, sexy Jimmy Choo Black Leather knee high boots - but guess what. My stupid feet are to big, I cant even zip them up as my feet wont go all the way in! &%@#, $%*&, @@#&....................... So - now I have a pair of boots which cost me over £500 that I cannot wear. Morall of the story - I may be embarressed trying them on in store, but at least I wont be broke! :):mecry::):mecry::silly::mecry::):mecry::P:mecry::D

That's a shame they don't fit bootsforever. Thanks to the inner photo those looked supremely comfortable for the right foot size. I'll second what benno said, do try to exchange them for a bigger pair. I have a feeling you won't be sorry.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sorry to hear that the boots didn't fit. Bad thing about Jimmy Choo is that the foot is a narrow fit. Anyway, I have attached some pics of my Jimmy Choos. The first 3 are the Isadora boots that I bought last year and the 4th a pair that I got a few years ago. Both are fantastic.

post-12130-133522956254_thumb.jpg

post-12130-133522956288_thumb.jpg

post-12130-133522956312_thumb.jpg

post-12130-133522956361_thumb.jpg

Astrid - thanks for the pictures, your boots look amazing.

Are those Jimmy Choo boots in your profile picture????

Do you get to wear them much??

I got the Orchid 42's from London!

I wish my feet were smaller and narrower.

Benno - I have been out this evening and brought a pair of stockings which I am going to try in the morning. I dont hold up much hope though to be honest! I even emailed Jimmy Choo to see whether they had any similar boots in a size 43 but 42 is as big as they go!

I think I am going to order a pair of Amanda Thigh high boots from Italianheels.com to cheer myself up!

:)

Astrid - thanks for the pictures, your boots look amazing.

Are those Jimmy Choo boots in your profile picture????

Do you get to wear them much??

I got the Orchid 42's from London!

I wish my feet were smaller and narrower.

No, the avatar boots are from Oasis and cost me about €40. I wear my Choo boots a fair bit. I don't wear heels outside but wear each pair once a week at least indoors.

No, the avatar boots are from Oasis and cost me about €40. I wear my Choo boots a fair bit. I don't wear heels outside but wear each pair once a week at least indoors.

Astrid - I love the boots in your Avatar, they are the best looking pair of boots I have seen in ages - the really pointed toe looks great!

Do they have a high heel?? - are they lined with leather like the Jimmy Choos???

I would love to see a few more pictures of them please??

Astrid - I love the boots in your Avatar, they are the best looking pair of boots I have seen in ages - the really pointed toe looks great!

Do they have a high heel?? - are they lined with leather like the Jimmy Choos???

I would love to see a few more pictures of them please??

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately I don't have them anymore, due to wear and tear, so I replaced them with the ones below.

post-12130-13352295646_thumb.jpg

post-12130-133522956537_thumb.jpg

post-12130-13352295656_thumb.jpg

post-12130-133522956579_thumb.jpg

I wore the Topshop boots all day on Saturday. I teamed them with bright red skinny jeans, a longsleeve vintage royal blue and white striped boat necked t shirt, a retro cardigan in black and white hounds tooth, a really long bright yellow scarf made from t shirt material, an 80s BMX (red, white and blue) baseball cap and an old camo army jacket. I had loads of stubble too. The boots were on full show and were pretty noisy. I walked into town in Brighton with my girlfriend and our female friend (who was visiting from Sweden). We met up with a male friend who knows what I'm like, but has never seen my in heels in the daytime. After about 10 minutes I got fed up and pointed out my boots. He simply said 'they are so cool' and that was the last of it. We went into countless shops and must have walked past thousands of people. We spent about an hour in a vintage clothes shop, trying on cool outfits. No one made any comments and lots of people gave me really warm smiles, including trendy yummy mummies with cute little kids. Then my mum rang up and said she was coming into town and did we want to meet for lunch. She knows I'm a little eccentric, but hasn't seen me in heels before (other than at fancy dress parties). When my mum met us in a pub for lunch I was sitting down. I went to get some more beers from the bar. When I got back my mum said 'I LOVE your shoes! They really suit you and your new colourful look!' Then she didn't mention then again. A couple of hours after lunch she told me she really admired me and wished more men would eschew boring clothes. Next time I'm going to wear some higher, thinner and more feminine heels and see if it makes any difference. Cheers and HAVE FUN OUT THERE. It's really liberating. Ben