Off to Shanghai for a Few Days - Toodles!

On Monday (13th Oct) I'm off to Shanghai, China for about eight days, armed with my new sightseeing (I should call it 'sightings'!) camera. Firefox - can you please check your PMs - I'm trying to contact you re arranging the meet-up details for the Birmingham Heel-Meet (29th Nov) before I whizz off to the Orient. Dr. Shoe, there's a PM awaiting you too! To the rest of you, a temporary "Toodle-oo", happy posting in the meantime, and ISLEBEESEEINGHUY! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Yes definitely some souveniers! We shall expect an Olympus packed full of the best local "sights" if you see what I mean :( And technical back up with respect to uploading and posting will of course be provided, if needed, courstesy of hhplace. Stay safe and have fun!

If you have any extra time, be sure to take a tour of the Three Gorges Dam project. I visited it before they started and once after they began. It's awesome.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the suggestion Bubba - sounds fascinating - I'll see it it can be fitted into my schedule. My 18-year-old daughter is coming with me for the trip, so doing Sightseeing might be a lot easier thandoing Sightings! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

There is a book by the Author John Hersey that tells a fascinating story of the Yangtze River and the river gorge ("A Single Pebble"). I read it when I was a boy and lived a dream when I finally traveled to see it. You can find the book in your local library or at Amazon.com. at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0394756975/ref=lib_dp_TFCV/103-6103765-1397436?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader#reader-link

Perhaps you can find a copy and read it traveling to China.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thank you Bubba - that book sounds fascinating. However, AAAAaaargh! it might be too late for me to get it coz it's Sunday today and I leave first thing tomorrow morning. However ........ maybe a bookshop at the airport or in China perhaps! I'll keep my eyes skinned! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Have a good trip, Heelfan. I've made 9 or 10 (could be more, lost count) trips to China over the years. I find it to be a fascinating place. Xian (terri-cotta army) is astonishing.