Wearers and Watchers too

allheel

Most of us are both wearers and watchers. As a wearer we often don't think much about it, just second nature. Sometimes as a watcher, I am struck by the achievement of walking gracefully with such elevation and on such a small base as a stiletto. It seems a bit contradictory. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Stiletto heels. It's like learning how to ride a bicycle. Balance, balance, balance and lots of experience. And, once you've learned you never forget.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes Allheel, I agree. It's surprisingly easy to walk on high stilettos without tipping either heel over sideways and it soon becomes second nature. However, one of the fascinations for me when watching a lady walking in similarly high stilettos is the excitement of whether she's going to 'make it' to the end of her walk without suffering such an accident. Many ladies wobble a little on their heels which adds to the excitement no end, and the whole notion can appear outrageously impossible when viewed from behind, especially when the stilettos are well over 4" in height. It's crazy, it's unbelievable, it's daft, but by heck it's utterly MARVELLOUS! I'm sure it's why we're all here! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Being a heel wearer in public myself, and thus knowing the difficulties involved, I find it interesting to look at women who wear them. What styles they buy, how high, how good are they at wearing them, are they going to need to rest their feet etc. I don't go around watching women in heels and getting sexually aroused all the time by the way. More often it's like "Oh yes those are the Baratts new style 4" boots. She's wearing with quite short trousers and a very smart matching jacket". It's more like a hobbyist might take train numbers. I take an interest in current shoe fashions and the clothes worn with them. That must sound boring but it's true. Occasionally I do get turned on by a woman who has the total look I like. But maybe she is wearing heels, maybe not. If she is, it's a bonus, if not, who cares anyway?

I don't go around watching women in heels and getting sexually aroused all the time by the way. More often it's like "Oh yes those are the Baratts new style 4" boots. She's wearing with quite short trousers and a very smart matching jacket". It's more like a hobbyist might take train numbers. I take an interest in current shoe fashions and the clothes worn with them.

Same with me. While I do get "that certain feeling" every once in a while when I'm watching, the vast majority of the time I think "nice shoes, wonder where she got those from?" - especially if she has taken the time and effort to match the shoes to the outfit.

Firefox - If you can actually spot the maker of the shoes at twenty paces you are obviously more adept at shoe recognition than I am. At the moment all 4" black spike-heeled boots look the same to me - guess I need to do some more window shopping :-)

Zathrus

I started watching when the first stilettoes came in. First reaciton how could people walk in them, admiration for their ability. Also wondered how could the floors take it, or the chairs when people stood on chairs to gain height, or tables to check hems - as people did - and they didn't come crashing down. Then later as a wearer and discovering it wasn't as hard as it looked - and for me so much more comfortable than flat shoes. I could wear them anywhere - almost. I still admired. And still sometimes you observe someone doing it well and remember it is an art to be learnt like a bicycle - I do both together still. And you appreciate the styling and the achievement - quote ignoring that you are doing it yourself.

I was 12 years old when I got my first pair of my own heels. Before then, I would wish that it was me wearing that great looking pair of heels instead of that woman. After I began to buy my own, I would wonder where she bought them. And, occasionally, I would ask her where she got them. Now, at 47, I still occasionally ask a woman where the got her shoes. But, I really get a kick out of seeing a women wearing a pair of heels like I've got in my collection. I think "I have the same pair and know what they're like to wear." What is a real charge, however, is when you see a woman wearing a pair identical to the shoes you are wearing at that moment. And, to see the look on her face when she realizes it. Now, that's priceless. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.