learning to wear heels

Hi everyone,I m a mum of three that just decided to be more trendy and elegant.I love heels but because I am a size18 I don't feel comfortable wearing heels for long once I get to parties I ended up taking them off too soon.how can I be more confortable in them.thanks peeps

Boy, You asked the big question of them all!:irked: There are in my book three, main things that seem to make the most of wearing high heels. The fit of the shoe, the construction of the shoe, and the psychical wearing of the high heel. A few things are: A good fitting shoe makes contact of the bottom of the foot from the heel to the ball of the foot. This distributes the weight of your body through out the shoe and increasing duration of wearing heels. Endurance, think of wearing heels as a exercise regiment, you start with a lower heel and work your way up when you feel you have mastered that heel hight. You may start off only wearing them for only a short time to eventually all day. Very important to lesion to you feet, your feet should feel tired, form wearing heels not pain. One other thing, proper walking and posture. These two greatly help with endurance as well. There is a lot more, and much more in detail above but time for me is short to day and so I will let others fill you in.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hello and welcome hemjay11! If you have high arches most of the load is distributed between the ball and heel of the foot. Otherwise pretty much as hoverfly has said.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hey! hemjay11, I don't mean to be offensive nor do I know the measurements of your physique, but is 18 really the UK sizing of the shoes you wear? The fitting of heels is very important, as it has already been pointed out by hoverfly. Depending on which footwear conversion chart that is used, the length of your feet would have to measure around 13 inches long to fit a UK size 18 and that just seems a bit large for most people, especially women. By doing some armchair speculations, having to wear shoes that larger would proportionately mean your height is over many of the people. Assuming the UK 18's are the footwear size you wear, heels of any height must really be hard to find. One of the nice things about your sizing is you can wear a 6 inch tall heel like it was a 4 inch for a smaller sizing say a UK 6 or 7. A 4 inch heel would almost seem like wearing mediums to low heels. As far as getting use to wearing heels, hoverfly has given good advice. It is also important that you wear the style of heels that appeal to you. Other's opinions are nice, but it's your opinions that count as far as you are concerned. Heels are for dressing up appearances and usually not for laborious chores, although some of us have worn heels for activities such as: occupational jobs, yard work, gardening, washing the car, bicycling, and/or etc. Again, it's all a matter of personal choice. There are similar thread accesses at the bottom of this page which may be of some help!

Hey! hemjay11,

I don't mean to be offensive nor do I know the measurements of your physique, but is 18 really the UK sizing of the shoes you wear? The fitting of heels is very important, as it has already been pointed out by hoverfly. Depending on which footwear conversion chart that is used, the length of your feet would have to measure around 13 inches long to fit a UK size 18 and that just seems a bit large for most people, especially women. By doing some armchair speculations, having to wear shoes that larger would proportionately mean your height is over many of the people.

Assuming the UK 18's are the footwear size you wear, heels of any height must really be hard to find. One of the nice things about your sizing is you can wear a 6 inch tall heel like it was a 4 inch for a smaller sizing say a UK 6 or 7. A 4 inch heel would almost seem like wearing mediums to low heels.

As far as getting use to wearing heels, hoverfly has given good advice. It is also important that you wear the style of heels that appeal to you. Other's opinions are nice, but it's your opinions that count as far as you are concerned. Heels are for dressing up appearances and usually not for laborious chores, although some of us have worn heels for activities such as: occupational jobs, yard work, gardening, washing the car, bicycling, and/or etc. Again, it's all a matter of personal choice.

There are similar thread accesses at the bottom of this page which may be of some help!

She is referring to her dress size, I think she is implying that this size is not ideal for wearing heels.

Hemjay11 don't worry I am the equivalent of a size 16/18 and with practice it gets easier. I can now walk around outside in 4'' chunky heels for 3-4 hours with no problem. I just takes practice. Sart with a lower chunky heel and in no time you will be gracefully walking around in 5'' stiletto's. I am sure with your voluptuous figure you will look great.

:irked:

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Hi there hemjay11. The good thing about wanting to be trendy is that if you really like a current style, chances are there are many shoe stores with a similar style, so hunt around and try them on to make sure you get the best fitting ones. What shoe size are you? With some manufacturers it might be worth going ½ or 1 size up if your regular size feels too tight (or maybe buy slightly big anyway and try some gel inserts), and they're bound to vary in width too which makes a big difference - some stores (like New Look) have a wide fitting range with some pretty heels. Finally, don't let being a mum of three make you forget you are a goddess - go ahead and pamper yourself with a foot soak and take good care of your feet so you look and feel even more fabulous when you do slip into your heels.

If you like it, wear it.

Well hemjay11, My apologies for having such a one track mind. I saw the size 18 and didn't connect it to anything but footwear. Boy! do I feel like a dunce. Hope you can laugh at this, for it was my misunderstanding. Since the size 18 is causing you concern, perhaps a change in your daily schedule to some new or different activities would help your situation. It may mean you'll have to rise earlier, stay up later, or change a part of the day to do something in achieving what you desire: say go for bike rides, walks around the neighborhood/a park, step out to see some past friends, explore some local interesting historical sites, take a class on something you have been wanting to learn to do, or etc.