Burlesque Blue

LukeVibertUK

Hi all Back in Feb 11 I was looking at purchasing a pair of shoes for my girlfriend from Burlesque Blue. As I was about to purchase I noticed that a "sold out" label had been applied to all of their 'Hand Made' shoe range apart from those from their ready to in stock range. Looking through the website I noticed they state "due to the volume of orders we currently have, we are unable to accept new orders for Made to Measure footwear at present". I have since inquired twice about about purchasing a pair of shoes from them and neither email has received a reply or acknowledgement. Before I ring them for info, has anyone else had any success buying anything from them, are they wallowing in the wealth of orders coming in, or have I missed something a bit more obvious? Not intending to create speculation, just wondered if they are now only taking volume orders only?

Hi all

Back in Feb 11 I was looking at purchasing a pair of shoes for my girlfriend from Burlesque Blue. As I was about to purchase I noticed that a "sold out" label had been applied to all of their 'Hand Made' shoe range apart from those from their ready to in stock range.

Looking through the website I noticed they state "due to the volume of orders we currently have, we are unable to accept new orders for Made to Measure footwear at present".

I have since inquired twice about about purchasing a pair of shoes from them and neither email has received a reply or acknowledgement.

Before I ring them for info, has anyone else had any success buying anything from them, are they wallowing in the wealth of orders coming in, or have I missed something a bit more obvious?

Not intending to create speculation, just wondered if they are now only taking volume orders only?

You are not creating speculation at all. I have had terrible trouble with them over the last 12 months as well.

Last September - I was contacted by their Marketing Department who wanted to 'sponsor' my 'Flickr' Galleries by supplying me with free high heels to model. To cut a loong story short - they started to 'back-track' right from the start, and eventually backed out of the deal.

Subsequently, I wrote to them for quotes on several pairs of hand-made heels - including the 'Captivate' 6" clear upper mule which had been discontinued at the beginning of last year - but which they told me - had been reinstated in their range.

That was just before last Christmas. Despite my sending a further 5 EMails, I have had no response whatsoever. I have given them up in favour of another manufacturer - 'Estresmodes' of Spain.

If you intend to contact Burlesque Blue - I suggest that you do it directly by telephone - and ask for Janice Anderson - who is the Customer Services Director.

Good Luck.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Like many of the heel manufacturers I've tried to deal with, they don't seem to see the need for a good customer relationship. Once they have your money, you might as well consider it a donation. Maybe you'll get your order, but even this doesn't seem to be a priority. I've emailed for information and still haven't seen a reply from 6 months ago. There has been alot of times I have wanted to order, but having to deal with this aggravation discourages me from actually following through and ordering. I have had a better relationship with Elite Heels, but even they aren't as responsive as a customer should expect from an over due order. They do work hard to fix any errors that they may cause.

^^ If you look through the Website - you will find that EVERY SINGLE SHOE and BOOT is now marked as 'Sold Out'.

Now......as all their shoes are hand-made to order, I suspect that there is something bigger going on here.....and that we may well see the Website disappear soon.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Shame as they made us some nice shoes. Awful service was always mandatory though. I had to ring Kos about 4 or 5 times to get one pair sorted out. A friend saw some of the shoes we had. She loved them and wanted to buy maybe 3 or 4 pairs. I told her about the problems we had and she said she couldn't be bothered. She is the kind of woman who will go into Kurt Geiger and throw £300 at a couple of pairs of shoes on a whim. Burlesque Blue seriously missed out with her. We sell things quite often on Ebay. I think I care more about a customer of some shoes that sold for £3 than B Blue do for someone who spent £120.