Royal Ascot

swollen

Waterloo station this morning was awash with dozens of women on their way to Ascot for the races. What a beautiful sight it was, too. There were elaborate hats, fascinators, figure-hugging dresses in exotic colours and fabrics, tight-skirts, split-skirts, micro-skirts and of course without exception in every ensemble, high heels. Not since I was last in a fetish-club have I seen quite so many women teetering so endearingly in one place. Their efforts were all the more admirable given the torrential rain in London this morning. Still, en-mass the girls were not to be daunted and though many faced an entire day teetering in the most delicate and flattering shoes imaginable, spirits were high and it was smiles all round as they sensed how much we men were appreciating the display. They looked like birds of paradise and it made me glad to be alive just to see them revelling in such a deliberate and provoking display!

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

And on the way back through Waterloo tonight, quite a lot of pronounced limping and sticking plasters on display... I imagine there'll be some pretty intense foot massages going on tonight...

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

LOLSwollen - marvellous imagery in your posts! I wish I had been with you in the morning :)

The Daily Mail took a more curmudgeonly view - as would be expected LOL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004421/Royal-Ascot-2011-Brawl-breaks-Ladies-Day-chair-legs-flying.html

Happy summer days!!

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

My girlfriend said she has never seen such an unpleasant collection of badly dressed drunken fools in one place. Having seen all the photos she was sent there to take I feel a little sick at some of the outfits I saw. On the wrong person high heels equal a sad kind of trash and not the glamour they had hoped. It all helps to flesh out my theory that 99.9% of the population are utterly stupid. When I get hold of the memory card I will post a couple of photos for you to laugh at. Her highlight of the day was the man by the train station selling flip flops for £5 to drunk women in spindly heels. She told him he should go on Dragon's Den.

LOLSwollen - marvellous imagery in your posts! I wish I had been with you in the morning :)

The Daily Mail took a more curmudgeonly view - as would be expected LOL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004421/Royal-Ascot-2011-Brawl-breaks-Ladies-Day-chair-legs-flying.html

Happy summer days!!

Wow, what a bunch of fighting fools. Too many people running around in this world reacting to emotions of anger, instead of responding to the isolated event.

I never have much respect for people who try to intimidate me with emotion. No one who is truly in charge (of themself) has to prove it.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Regardless of the intelligence quotient (or otherwise) of the Ladies concerned, and regardless of their success in transforming themselves into figures displaying immaculate taste (or not), any woman who has made such an obvious effort with her appearance always deserves absolute male gallantry and due respect. These women, many of whom admittedly were hardly 'model' material, still brought enormous colour and glamour to the event. I salute any Lady who's prepared to risk a day in 'spindly' heels, and if she needs flip-flops at the fag end of her special day, she's entitled to have them as far as I'm concerned.

I find them to be pre occupied with exuding a warped sense of glamour to the point they they look like caricatures. It's not a good look in my opinion. Much like the high street Saturday evening nightmares on legs. Add some frosted lipstick and mega boobs and I feel queasy. If you're gonna go all out you need immaculate taste. Sometimes a little less is so much more!

Personally I find an attractive woman in a lamp-shade hat deeply lovely.

Wow, what a bunch of fighting fools. Too many people running around in this world reacting to emotions of anger, instead of responding to the isolated event.

I never have much respect for people who try to intimidate me with emotion. No one who is truly in charge (of themself) has to prove it.

I'm probably one of the most laid-back people on the planet - however I am also two other things. I am proud to be British - and I am appalled and infuriated by atrocious behaviour like this. This is yet another example of just how far down the sewers this country has flushed itself.

For years now, the so called upholders of 'political correctness' have been waging war against the 'Upper Classes', bemoaning their outmoded attiudes of elitism and their 'clique' society - and championing the cause of the 'Middle' and 'Working Classes' and how they should be treated just as importantly as celebrities and 'toff's.

That's all well and good - until that is...we have an event like this - which shows us everyone's true colours - and shows us why the Upper Classes protected their small and private social circles so vehemently against yobs like these.

At the turn of the last century - the Gentry, Artisans and Working Classes, all shared a joint love of horses and the turf - and they all gathered at race meetings and had a whale of a time without resorting to mindless brawling.

If Political Correctness means allowing idiots like this to invade our lives, and having to put up with atrocious and disgraceful behaviour like this at public events - then we should be bringing back far higher and stricter educational and social standards, that teach people morals, self-discipline, self-respect and respect for others too. We should also be giving some teeth and claws back to the Authorities, so that Neanderthal behaviour like this can be made a true example of. Where were the Police whilst all this was going on.....??

I would take a large bet - that most of those yobs would claim to be proud to be British and to Love and Respect our Queen.

Like....REALLY...?? You're at ROYAL Ascot - and it hardly shows does it...?

In truth, these people have no class at all - they are trash.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Dear Pussyinboots Well, I'm no fan of chav culture or yob behaviour but it's worth remembering that the 'gentry' as you put it have more than their fair share of drunken rape and pillage to account for... The Bullingdon Club at Eton survives to this day; encouraging young men with more money and privilege than sense to drink, fight, vomit and destroy the location of their meeting without compunction. The only difference is that their fathers' tend to square things with the magistrates and the local constabulary long before it becomes news. Novels such as the Hellfire Club and Brideshead Revisited affirms that such behaviour among mindless 'toffs' has been with us for a very long time indeed. I just don't happen to believe that because a working-class girl might not have the greatest dress sense in the world she should be seen as vulgar or cheap in herself.

Dear Pussyinboots

Well, I'm no fan of chav culture or yob behaviour but it's worth remembering that the 'gentry' as you put it have more than their fair share of drunken rape and pillage to account for... The Bullingdon Club at Eton survives to this day; encouraging young men with more money and privilege than sense to drink, fight, vomit and destroy the location of their meeting without compunction.

The only difference is that their fathers' tend to square things with the magistrates and the local constabulary long before it becomes news. Novels such as the Hellfire Club and Brideshead Revisited affirms that such behaviour among mindless 'toffs' has been with us for a very long time indeed.

I agree....it's her behaviour and actions that define her.

I also take your point about the 'aristocracy/gentry' - however I think you get my general drift.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

If you would like to see how the English talk, come to this thread :) Jokes aside though, I would have expected better at an event like this, especially with individuals so neatly dressed. Looking at the link...it goes to show that brawls really Can pop up just about anywhere then, huh?

Formally "HHDude"

Personally I find the words 'attractive' and 'lamp-shade hat' mutually exclusive.

Fascinating...

Thanks for sharing...

Trolldeg. Er... Thank you. It's not really my thing to blow kisses to other men, but, I'll receive it in the spirit in which it was clearly sent.