Why are heels so awesome?

I am back from site working at my home office today (Friday) and I am at my desk connected into my work on my other work PC sitting here in very faded pink tracky pants and a sloppy black jumper but with heels on. Often on the Friday when I am back from site working from home I will wear heels for part of the day at least. It is sort or weird really. I am here alone (Alise went to work at 8:00 and it is now 10:30) so nobody can see me wearing them, which is usually most of the fun of wearing heels. It might be partially because I don’t get to wear them at site at work so I make up for it by sort of wearing them for ‘work’ when I work from home … if that makes any sense. It just feels so nice to have heels on even just sitting here at my desk. Makes working from home a little bit more exciting. Even getting up to get a coffee is more fun and I can sort of imagine that there are guys watching as I walk over to make a coffee. What is it that makes heels so awesome?

There is just something magical about them Christine. There is no reason why they should make us feel so good but they do. Perhaps it's because they are a little bit naughty and sexy. You obviously enjoy the pleasure they bring as much as the male members of this forum do and I love the fact you let us know how you feel as to most women they are just shoes. :)

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

High heels are very unique, pretty, and sexy shoes. They definitely effect the posture of persons wearing them. The feel of walking in them is special. The sound they make on a tile, wood, or cement surface is special and attractive. They make the person feel special and pretty, as you have described in your post. They have an almost magical effect on the person wearing them. Yes, they are just a shoe. But they are a very special shoe.

There are many post through out the HHP forum that have offered some of the answers to this question. The logical, utilitized, impassioned, and visualized attractiveness of high heels has also filled many, many pages ranging from research studies to dime novels. So the few reasons of their awesomeness that I could list and describe would take a speed reader a few days to just run throught the writing. Let it suffice in saying that each individual has a connection to high heels in their own way. For those who haven't given any time to the pleasure of wearing heels properly, they only understand some of the visual reasons for the popularity of heels. Fashion has even tried to follow different trends that seem to lead away from the use of high heels, but the demand for their return to the public stage was so great that the chances of high heels leaving the shopping shelves or the personal wardrobes are fairly remote. They have even come back as more necessary attiring items than before, especially with both men and women choosing to publicly wear them.

This is a little difficult to describe but let me give it a try...There is a perception that heels are difficult even impossible to walk in and over time will cause damage to the foot and/or leg, are uncomfortabel even painful and invite injury from turning or twisting an ankle, and walking out of a heel especially a mule with no back.

In spite of these, women still wear and enjoy heels possibly because they know the dangers and perceptions making them feel empowered, accomplished and even sexy. The looks from men and even some women add to the enjoyment and increase the sexual value of wearing heels. The positives are increased when in sleek stilettos such as the Guess pumps in the attachment. In addition to being sleek and strreamlined, iin my opinion they are very femenine and sexy.

Speaking only for myself, I agree with the words above but my feelings go a littel further in that that I am able to wear only one shoe, but still a four to five inch stiletto, and use crutches. The accomplishment is greater and altought the experts advise against a heel with crutches, I do very well and feel as if I am pushing the envelope of safety and security in this situation. Please allow me to apologize at this time if anyone thinks that I am bragging or flauunting my situation. It is what it is and I make the best of it.

I understand how you enjoy the "looks" when going for coffee. My assistant insists that she make coffee runs for me instead of my filling a travel mug. But at other times moving about our offices or anywhere on my crutches and in a stiletto makes me feel very good about myself.

Hope this helps answer your question, thanks for the opportunity.

E

http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=201394&cm_mmc=Google_Feed-_-2-_-21-_-MP221

Hey! eoneleg, You need not apologize for presenting how you feel and how you see yourself while wearing high heels. We all wish the singled leg condition you have dealt with so well had never happened, but life is notoriously known for giving us all ways or obstacles to progress to the next stage of our lives. Besides, you have just as much of a right to enjoy heeling as anyone else has. I personally want to thank all women and men for exhibiting their high heel choices to those around them. Surely, it has brightened their day and mine just knowing they feel good while heeling.

• 1 month later...

Yes … so totally awesome and as others have said here they really are almost magical in a way. When I worked in the city I wore heels every day but now I don’t get a lot of chances to wear heels out so that has sort of makes it even more special getting to wear heels and today (Saturday in Perth Australia) I wore my current favourite heels to an afternoon coffee catch up at Leederville. I was very conscious I was wearing heels and it was seriously exciting even with having to watch out for the crappy paving in Leederville. One of the things about heels is that you can wear heels anywhere if you want to (if you are a girl anyway). This makes them even more exciting and I try to think of interesting different places to wear heels ... like a coffee afternoon with friends in Leederville :-) Christine

Thanks Christine_c9 for wanting to wear heels. It does brighten the day for you and any observers. So, wear high heels as often as you want, so that you have more awesome day experiences and incourage others to wear their heels, even the men. They want to feel awesome too. Most men just haven't been incouraged to wear their heels out in the open, yet. Yes, women have that kind of power to get men to open up and be themselves, if those men think heeling is impressive to women.