Heels everywhere in Sydney

Slingfan

Hey all, I recently went on a trip to Sydney and quickly found myself in high heels heaven! Weather was warmish, around 20-25 degrees celsius (not sure what that translates to for out American friends!) so the city was full of office workers showing off their legs and wearing sexy heels. There were hundreds and hundreds of women in 4 inch and 5 inch heels, peep toe pumps, round toe pumps, pointy toe pumps, pointy toed slings, high heel sandals...everything you could ask for. There were a few highlights that I'd like to share. Firstly I saw a very attractive blonde in her early 20's in a pair of 5 inch peep toe platform pumps. They were black and had a heel that was chucky at the top but thin at the bottom, almost in the shape of a V. She came click clacking along and when I looked down I saw her heelpopping out of both shoes, a gentle cupping noise coming from them as they flicked back onto her feet. They looked a size too big for her. Next I saw a black haired woman in a short skirt with a pair of nude coloured peep toe platform slingbacks. They looked like Christian Louboutins, but I'm not sure if they really were CL's. She was striding along quickly and confidently in Sydney city with her right backstrap splattered underneath her heel. The strap was splayed along the footbed and out to the side and her shoe flicked hard against her soles with every step, making a deep slapping noise. Her left strap looked about 3 quarters of the way down and no doubt would fall off with a little extra walking. She looked totally confident and nonplused over her failed strap. Next I saw a tall and skinny sandy brown haired woman with a short black dress on and a pair of black 4 inch cork heel peep toe slingback wedges straped on her feet. Her right strap was about 3 quarters of the way down her heel and her left one was all the way up and not budging. I saw her right strap inch down to about a centermetre from falling off before we got separated. They slapped loudly enough with her straps up and I imagine would have caused a frightfull noise strapless! But the best sighting went to an amazingly beautiful blonde woman in her early 20's wearing a white dress with spaghetti straps which finished a few inches above her knees. She wore an amazing pair of 4 inch brown leather peep toe wedges with a thin wedge heel and a delicate backstrap that ended on the inside of her foot. When I first saw her I was parking my car and I heard her heels on the pavement. I also heard a slap and turned my heard and saw that her left backstrap had fallen off and was under her heel, getting crushed with each step. She was very beautiful, elegant and feminine and had a wonderful confident yet subtle stride. After parking I noticed she stopped to look in the display window of a jewellery shop. She arched her left foot and exposed the squashed backstrap then slid her toes forward and wriggled her foot until she was able to get the slingback to pop back onto her heel. It was only very low on her heel so she pointed her toe and wriggled some more and up it popped high onto her heel. We were walking the same way so I hopped out of my car and headed in the same direction. This time both straps began to fall and 30 seconds later she was flopping along with both her straps useless underneath her feet. Every step saw her foot arch high, exposing her sole and the straps that were flattened and bobbling around on the footbed. The slapping noise was incredible but she didn't seem to care. We stopped at traffic lights and she wriggled her left strap up like she had before, but had trouble getting the right strap up the same way so she lifted her leg across her and gently tugged it up into place with the index finger of her left hand. Not long after and she lost her left strap again, before hoping into her car that was parked on the side of the road, leaving me with a distinct memory of her failed slingbacks, amazing slapping and of course of her stunning beauty. All in all there were some pretty awesome sightings, including (I know its not heel related) some flip flop slingback flats with both straps down, a woman walking in ballet flats with both heel cups crushed under her heels, another who's right ballet flat popped off so far midstride that it slapped her feet, another with both flats flopping on and off and lastly a woman in black ballet flats and white knee high socks with her left sock halfway down her calf and the right one all the way up. It certainly made for a memorable trip!

haha :smile: I see a clear trend developing - in almost every description you focus on falling, failing, or broken straps... You must really get a kick out of that or is it the flapping shoe that results from them? Anyway, sounds like a heel lovers paradise, no matter what. :D

You're a lucky guy. North of you in Brisbane, if you walk through the Queen St mall at any time you are lucky to see more than about half of the women in anything except trainers. I know of many girls who work in offices who only keep a pair of shoes at work strictly for wear in the office. Going to and from work and at lunchtime they change into trainers or flats.:smile:

Haha definately a pattern there HHBoots! I love seeing slipping straps, something about it, especially on a classy woman is such a thrill for me. Having said that the flopping shoe is awesome, particularly when its not meant to happen! I agree with Brisbane too, although I'm from the Gold Coast and we get lots of office women in heels, although not in the massive numbers that Sydney and Melbourne do. But the best thing about the Coast is that the weather and the culture make for lots of strappy and bare heels being worn every day! I can't wait for slingbacks to become the dominant trend again, it'll make for amazing viewing!