Hurt foot/ankle in heels?

ilikekicks

This happened to me today. I was asked to go out with someone I met recently ( while doing my first stint heeling ). Shes an 80's type and I figured these would be a ' throw back ' of sorts. The ' Denim Heels '. From the looks of them, They had new tips put on but the metal shaft of the tip wasnt long enough on the replacement. The heel itself is a hallowed plastic and the only thing still holding the tip on is the leather that wraps around from the sole. My ankle didnt fare as well as the shoe.. High ankle sprain. It sometimes sucks being new to things.. Anyone ever injure themselves due to a shoe failure or walking failure of sorts?

post-30256-133522937843_thumb.jpg

post-30256-133522937849_thumb.jpg

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Well, consider it part of the job. When you have shoes like that they break easier than flats. But you can hurt yourself in flats as well. I regularly have a problem of `misstepping' and only because I have a light tread I avoid injury. This happens more in some shoes than in others. It can happen in flats, but I also have some heels of only 2 inches with which it happens frequently. My wife has the same shoes and it also happens to her with those shoes. With my higher heels I have not had this so often, Maybe I am more careful walking in them. They may force me more to pay attention. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I am happy to say (knock wood) that I have not fallen off of my high heels or hurt my feet, toes, or ankles while wearing high heels. I know many here who have shared stories with us of their injuries from wearing high heels. I am so sorry for your mishap and I hope you heal (no pun intended) soon.