Most unusual place to see heels/boots?

JohnW

I didn't know where else to share this. I went to the local Pets at Home yesterday, and I was amazed (and thrilled!) to see a girl wearing black leather high heeled otk boots - they had about a 4" heel. She was (of course) looking for pet food, but for some reason I never expected to see anyone wearing such sexy boots in a pet store! She was wearing a short blue denim skirt which showed off the top of her boots nicely, and I have to admit to following her as discreetly as I could for a while. So I was wondering whether anyone else had seen someone wearing heels and/or boots somewhere they wouldn't have expected to see them.

I think younger girls wear very high heeled shoes more commonly nowadays than just as 'going out shoes'. I think it's quite normal now to spot one or two seriously high shoes whenever I go out during any time of the day and in most places such as supermarkets, coffee shops, shopping centres. I welcome this change as it brightens up the average day. MrsF wears them all the time and everywhere she goes. She used to get the most comments when she wore her 5'' heels every week standing at the side of a muddy football pitch when my son played football for a local under 10's team. All the other women would wear wellies but not my MrsF.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

You should go to the Sainsbury's near Reading at random times on a sunday. You might see a lady in very high heels, pencil skirt and fully fashioned stockings. If you do, come over and say hi!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks very much! I've seen lots of women in high heels in supermarkets - it's the main reason (or maybe the only reason!) I like shopping there. My best sighting recently was of a lady in M&S who was I guess in her 50s, with short grey hair. She was with a couple of other women of a similar age, but whereas they were in pretty nondescript outfits, she was wearing a shortish skirt and an amazing pair of black patent knee-high boots with a silver buckle at the top, and about 4" heels. I stayed a lot longer in M&S than I had planned...

You should go to the Sainsbury's near Reading at random times on a sunday. You might see a lady in very high heels, pencil skirt and fully fashioned stockings. If you do, come over and say hi!

There's a few so can you be more specific? Winnersh maybe? :silly:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Believe it or not, I would say elementary school. I take my grandsons to school occasionally to help out my daughter and you seldom see teachers wearing high heels there. When I was in elementary school, almost all female teachers wore high heels every day. The other day there was one teacher dressed in a gray suit, black turtle neck blouse, and black patent leather pumps with 3" high heels. I heard her tell another teacher she and her husband had to meet with their lawyer on some legal matters and then they were going out together afterward. She definitely caught my eye as well as my grandsons and several other little boys at the school.