What if...

Jimmy

While I have some time to write this, I would like to say that my time here so far has been quite a learning experience. Like others before me I had no idea that such an institution existed, much less that the thoughts and opinions expressed in these forums span throughout almost every facet and demographic of our global society. Perhaps within that thought rests the sheer brilliance of modern technology in its ability to connect those with similar interests in a manner where one is not oppressed to express one's self in the method of their choosing, be it in a trivial form or something more fundamental. With that said, I would like to present a scenario and direct a question toward those willing to answer it. Where do you think the status of your fascination would be had such venues not existed? Would you continue to pursue this interest or would you simply accept the conformities set forth by utilitarian thinking? Furthermore, how do you think that the various forums that exist today (internet or otherwise) contributed to your evolution of this interest? Personally, I don't care about who wears what but perhaps in my own naiveté I believe that everyone else thinks the same way when, in fact, the opposite holds true. I write this in the hope that even one, out of the innumerable amounts of faceless individuals who stumble across these arenas and criticize our choices...who wade through their existence under the fallacies of social normalcy stare conformitist thinking right in the eye and say, "Fuck it, maybe I was wrong".

Personally speaking, I've always been interested in shoes. The construction of them and the wearing of different types, high heels included. There's never been any strong barriers to me wearing the shoes that I like in most circumstances; my confidence in doing so and my interests evolved independant of the internet. But sites like this offer me the opportunity to share that interest with like minds or offer encouragement to others who would like to develop those facets. For many, sites like this are the first contact to others with a passion for shoes. That goes for both genders. They often have different agendas but the passion is similar, and sharing is great experience, for guys and girls can feel isolated when for the majority their likings are of no concern.

Where do you think the status of your fascination would be had such venues not existed?

I would be much more reserved and withdrawn. I probably would not have found a supportive partner like the one I found thanks to the internet.

Would you continue to pursue this interest or would you simply accept the conformities set forth by utilitarian thinking?

I would continue to pursue my interest no matter what. It's the enjoyment factor that would be affected.

Furthermore, how do you think that the various forums that exist today (internet or otherwise) contributed to your evolution of this interest?

Knowing that I'm not alone has given me an outlet to expand my knowledge and share my experiences. And that makes this more enjoyable for me.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

> With that said, I would like to present a scenario and direct a question toward those willing to answer it. Where do you think the status of your fascination would be had such venues not existed? Probably much the same, since by the time I discovered this forum, I was already able to go out in public in heels; and seperately I'd already met my wife who does not like the idea of wearing heels. >Would you continue to pursue this interest or would you simply accept the conformities set forth by utilitarian thinking? I'd continue as much as I could. >Furthermore, how do you think that the various forums that exist today (internet or otherwise) contributed to your evolution of this interest? Well, it's good to know there are other people out there who I can talk to. It is ethically difficult for me to talk about it with my friends, since with rare exceptions they know my wife, who as I said above, dislikes the whole concept. Talking to them about it could therefore put them in an uncomfortable position. > Personally, I don't care about who wears what but perhaps in my own naiveté I believe that everyone else thinks the same way when, in fact, the opposite holds true. My experience has been that most people do not care that much, especially if they don't know you. On the other hand, telling people you know is a more delicate matter. People's reactions vary.

the truth shall make you fret

With or without the internet I have always been fascinated by high heels and worn them whenever I could. What the net has allowed me to do is find that I am not alone - which has made me feel a lot better about myself. I was also surprised to find that there are some women out there who are also OK with a guy wearing heels, something I did not expect. If none of this existed I guess I would still be ogling at high-heel wearers in the street, going into shoe shops, buying and wearing shoes for myself, etc. but all the time feeling really bad about myself. So, no change externally, just unhappier internally. Zathrus

Firefox (or can I just call you Fox?)...Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I think that you really gave some perspective to the whole thing and I very much enjoyed reading your post. PJ, Nicole and Zarthus...thanks for your honesty, I feel that a lot of people out there (regardless of their interests) are in the same situations but the fact that you continue to press on with it really shows character and your life situations balance the question out. Zarthus (again)...like you I was totally surprised about the wide range of people (both men and women) out there who accept the whole heel concept. As Firefox stated a lot of people come in with different agendas but because of the fact that the site isn't exclusively focused on the fetish-like aspect we get a whole lot of other points of view...and personally speaking that is what drew me to this site to begin with. Once again, thanks for your thoughts.

For me, the biggest thing about this forum is that this is where I found Julietta. I've probably dropped an occasional hint elsewhere about how I feel about her, so I'll spare you the repetition :lol: *. But other than that, I've found a great sense of acceptance here, a real sense of empowerment, and lots of fun. For myself, I'd spent a heck of a lot of time struggling to come to terms with me, who I am, and what I want. As I wrote somewhere else, I'd just about managed to get around to going public, and I think I'd have managed it sooner or later without the board. But this place has made it easier for me. Plus, I think that I've helped some other people come to terms with it all, by being here, by what I've said over the last 1800 posts or so. I really hope so, and I hope that someone or some people out there think that I've helped them. A big thing for me is that I've used what I have to help others out. I don't want to show off, but if there's someone out there feeling better because they've gained from my input, then it's all been worth while. Without this place, I'd have managed my struggle, but it'd be less if I hadn't helped anyone else with theirs, from what I've found out from my life so far. So, there you have it - it's not what I took out of here, it's what I put back in. I hope this makes sense! [ * : OK, perhaps I will just go on a bit about Julietta - she is very special, truly wonderful, and there's never a day when I don't count myself the luckiest guy alive!]

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'd most likely be wearing four inch heels only, since I would not have been able to have access to an internet where I could find nice and high stilettos, and the admirers who have purchased shoes for me in the past. But I would still be trying to fill my closet with shoes, naturally. :lol: What this site and Jenny's forum have done for me, well, they've given me a voice. A chance to express myself, and thus better understand who I am, am what it is to be a shoe crazed girl in the 21st century. Knowing one's self is important. And if sites like this one help in achieving that, well... that's wonderful. :lol:

I would still have an interest in high heels but with out the internet most likely I would halved never been able to wear them out side in public. I would not have known that there are others just like me out there with the same desires. Also before the net arrived the prices of "fetish" heels in my size were far more expensive. Today I have the choice of finding a affordable shoes in my size.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Heels predated the Internet by a long time. I originally discovered the Men in High Heels club on Yahoo. It was quite reasonable when it was new, but later deviated from my interests and has now declined in quality and activity. Jenny's original sites and now this one were next, and remain a place to converse with people of similar interests, get reinforcement, etc. It is nice to have a reasonable place of similar interests that is kept on track by the moderators!

• 3 weeks later...

I never knew other men wore heels in public, save for a very strange sighting when I was a kid in New Orleans... But I first ventured out in heels in public about four years ago - two years before I knew of any groups/clubs/forums that supported men wearing heels. Therefore, I'd have to say that I'd probably still be wearing heels in public, although in a manner perhaps even more conservative than the already conservative manner in which I usually do.