I was asked a strange question today

Nicole

Most of you who go out in public in heels get to hear the same kinds of questions: "How can you walk in those things?", "Are you gay?", "Don't they hurt?" etc.

Well, I was waiting for my bus after spending the day in town. I was wearing my blue velet top and skirt, a black velvet hair band (any one want to guess what my favourite material is?) and 5" black stilleto patent pumps. Apart from the shoes and the fact that I am a male, I suspect most people would have found the look very tasteful.

Anyway, one individual came up to me and started asking questions:

"Purple your colour, huh? " [i was wearing blue, but I guess it could look like it was purple]

"are they hard to walk in?" [in all honesty, they are since they are a little on the tight side, and patent does not stretch that well]

"How can you cram your foot in them?" [well, that is pretty easy, and I can do it standing up]

Normally I would not waste bandwidth recounting this conversation since although the gentleman was persistent, his questions are not that unusual.

However, he then asked a very strange question:

"Are you wearing thongs or boxers?"

Who the heck asks you what kind of underwear you are wearing? I thought that he was going to sit next to me on the bus, but he didn't. In light of that particular question, I have to admit that I was somewhat relieved.

the truth shall make you fret

my best friend will go up to random women that he doesn't even know and ask if they're 1) wearing a thong and 2) if he can see it. I know in his case, he has a major erotic fixation with them. In the case of the guy you encountered, it seems like it could go either way - he might be turned on with it or he may just be genuinely curious as to what you might wear underneath such an outfit in comparison to a woman

There was a recent TV commercial that showed several well known people and beneith their picture, the text asked the question "boxers or briefs?" -- then the person would answer. Perhaps this joker was really trying, as JimC said, to be humorus. :lol:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I guess that most of us who enjoy heels have had the odd ignorant comment, especially those of us who sometimes (or always) dress more thoroughly en femme. But you eventually learn not to rise to the bait. As it is very hot today in the UK, I decided that girl attire would be more comfortable and ventured out in a small Norfolk seaside town wearing a white sleeveless top, pale yellow short skirt and cork wedges with a 4 1/2" heel, and some pearlescent nail polish. Got called a "freak" by a guy outside the papershop (who looked like a freak himself - the Man With No Brain :lol: ) but apart from that it was very enjoyable. Got complemented by a stunning girl wearing almost identical shoes on how well I walked in them, especially on a steep downhill slope .... and spent most of the rest of the day wandering about together. Mind you I once got aggressively called a transvestite merely for wearing some slightly girly flared jeans & strappy sandals. My advice would be to ignore the idiots and concentrate on the decent people. There are plenty of them about.

• 1 month later...

There are more decent people about than idiots, but why do the idiots make life difficult for us majority? On topic, it is nice when you are complimented on your look. Ironicaly, I've found that older people (particularly women) seem more open minded to those guy's who dress differently than the younger people. Perhaps as time passes people are becoming more regresive :lol:

Man is born in freedom, but soon becomes enslaved, in cages of convention from the cradle to the grave - Jeff Waynes War Of The Worlds/Sung by David Essex

There are more decent people about than idiots, but why do the idiots make life difficult for us majority?

On topic, it is nice when you are complimented on your look. Ironicaly, I've found that older people (particularly women) seem more open minded to those guy's who dress differently than the younger people. Perhaps as time passes people are becoming more regresive :lol:

I think that's it's something to do with age. People sometimes seem to get more open-minded as they get older, perhaps as they acquire more experience of life, or perhaps for some other reason. So I'm not surprised that older people seem more relaxed about this kind of stuff. On the other hand, I've met some young people who were quite cool with me and my heels. Overall, I know that nearly everyone is fine, but there's always that tiny minority that ruins it. Difficult though it is, I try not to let them put me off.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"