Superhero movies/TV

I know there are some of us who still enjoy watching comic book heroes "come to life" on the big and small screens, but was curious about who you enjoy watching.

For me, I'm a sucker for anything Green Lantern. To me, he's just the coolest!

If you haven't seen the animated DVD "First Flight", I highly recommend it - it's a sure win.

The new movie, i'm not sold on the costume, but hey.....it's a MOVIE! FINALLY!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-green-lantern-costume.html

For Batman, I liked the Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson movie. Of course, the latest two were great, but for God's sake, can't Christian Bale speak without sounding like a werewolf for five freakin' seconds??? Gah, that voice!

The Flash! If you remember this TV series, I thought it was gold all the way through.

How about you all? Any thoughts or memories?

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I was never into comic books, but the first time I saw the Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson Batman movie, I thought it absolutely stunk... Stunk so bad, in fact, that I had to watch it again...and again..and again..and well, it's now one of my all-time favorites..lol.. IMO, Jack Nicholson made that movie what it is.. No other person could have done that acting job.. I recently watched a documentary on Hulu called, "Confessions of a Superhero"... It's a peek into the lives of the people who dress up as the comic book & movie charicters trying to make a living on tips on the streets of Hollywood... Folks who enjoy comic book charicters might find it interesting...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Superman was my favorite suer hero growing up. I really only liked the first two Christopher Reeve movies, especially the second one. I watched all of the old George Reeves Superman serials. I'm a big fan of Smallville, although I'm glad this is the last season.

I also loved Batman and Zorro. Bob Kane, who created Batman, was inspired by Zorro. Don Diego, like Bruce Wayne, was a rich man who lived in a mansion with a cave below his mansion. He sought justice for what happened to his parents. I liked the first and third Batman movies (Micheal Keaton and Val Kilmer). I also liked the two Christian Bales Batman movies. The two Zorro movies were OK. I enjoyed the Guy Williams Disney Zorro from the 60's.

I've been pretty happy with all of the super hero movies (except the first Hulk), even Daredevil which many critics didn't like.

I am a big fan of all of the superhero/heroine movies on TV and the big screen, and enjoy reading comics. Batman - Michael Keaton was great, Val Kilmer was OK, but George Clooney killed that franchise. Christian Bale has done a decent job with the reboot, but I agree with ShockQueen, what's with the voice? Adam West did a great job as a "campy" Batman, but it was meant to be fun. I enjoy all of the animated versions of Batman (except the one on Cartoon Network called "The Batman". Very strange.) Superman - Christopher Reeve has been the best big screen version of Superman to date. The lastest version did nothing to help the franchise. On TV, George Reeves was good, and Dean Cain was OK. All of the animated versions are great. Wonder Woman - How many of you remember a TV movie for Wonder Woman back in the 70's with Cathy Lee Crosby as Wonder Woman? I do. It was good, but not great. Lynda Carter has got to be the best looking actress to play her, even though the series was also really campy. I like her animated character on Justice League. The Flash - John Wesley Shipp played Barry Allen/The Flash. The only thing I did not like about it was his costume. Man did that thing look bulky on him. Supergirl - Helen Shaver in the title role, not a great choice. The movie did not do very well, and is difficult to find on VHS or DVD. Spiderman - The Web-Slinger has never faired well on TV, as evidenced by the series from the late 70's with Nicholas Hammond, and the movies have been pretty good. Tobey MacGuire plays a decent Spiderman. All of the animated versions are good, and they seem to introduce a lot of characters from the Marvel universe. The Hulk - Bill Bixby/Lou Ferigno was a hit on TV, I never missed an episode. The first Hulk movie almost had me asking for my money back, but the second one was great. Too bad for Ed Norton, I liked his portrayal of Bruce Banner. Any animated versions have been decent. Iron Man - A lot of people I know do not like Robert Downey Jr, but he nailed Tony Stark/Iron Man. Both movies were excellent. There was an animated movie several years ago that was pretty good, the the couple of animated TV shows have been OK. The Fantastic Four - I enjoyed both of these films, even though many of the critics did not. There are plans to reboot this franchise, with the Thing being done completely in CGI. All of the animated versions are good. The X-Men - This by far has been one of the best superhero franchises to date. The casting of Halle Berry as Storm and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine was amazing. I would like to see this continue, but so far no plans for it to happen. All of the animated versions are great. Known future projects include The Green Lantern (with Ryan Reynolds), Captain America (with Chris Evans), Thor (with Chris Hemsworth), and The Avengers movie with Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America and a couple more thrown in. There are plans for a third Batman movie, a reboot of Superman, Spiderman and the Fantastic Four. And there have been rumors of a Justice League movie.

Loved the American mags but found it frustrating cos in the early sixties it was odds and ends never finding the follow on to finish or begin the story correctly. Then in about 66/67 we got a UK variant predominatly with Thor, the X men, Iron man and I remember Dr Strange was on the back page, now that intrigued me! Growing up with the batman TV series I never realised how Adam West was playing it up until watching an interview a few years back, not having watched reruns since its original UK airing, as a kid it was awesome as an adult it was almost touching fetish lines. So carefully worked so as not to offend, loved Catwoman but Miss Kitt was to old, her purr however was purfect. Miss Berry got a load of gob for her Catwoman but she's the best that closing scene walking the wall is just WOW! The American mags I saw tended to be Batman or Superman the extra stories of the Green Lantern type didn't work for me. The Daredevil film was clever but why introduce Electra and then kill her off Chris Reeve was Superman and his replacement has tried to follow Reeve's style and take on the Reeve character. The Batman films have just created confusion, with the leads changing the continuity falls apart, however all the villains are brilliant! Never really got into Spiderman and the films follow similarly. Returning back to why we are here I have found all the female characters pulp, TV or film, all good looking, all with stunning costumes and heels of note. I suppose the high point(s) are R Downey's 2 leading ladies in Iron Man 2, I'm sure they they had their own competition? Al

It's not a superhero comic, but i'm super excited for the upcoming The Waking Dead tv adaptation, that is without a doubt the best zombie product i've read, and an awesome comic overall, i hope the series is at least half as good.

When the Disney/Pixar's "THE INCREDIBLES" came out, I was captivated and very entertained by the plot and level of animation the movie was able to achieve. There is also being presented in this television season on the ABC Network, an intriguing show called "No Ordinary Family" that seems to follow a kind of similar gist for its main characters. The television series involves live actors using special animated effects. As a young feller, the westerns held some of my superhero worship. They may not have had superhuman powers, but they were able to champion over the bad and win the hearts of the mates they aimed for. Then the swords and arrows movies depicting ancient civilizations and their quests to survive invading forces were often draws for weekend theater visits. They weren't as into showing the blood and gore of war as movies do now. Does anyone know of the television series depicting a man wearing a rocket suit, which he used to fly? Does the name "Commando Cody" ring any bells? Another show that was presented on television in the 70's or 80's was about a man who could cross back and forth from the electronic world and the real world, like "TRON", only this character was not as imprisoned in either dimension. I seem to remember one of the stars was a young man by the name of Desi Arnez (Little Ricky, son of Lucy and Desi).

Does anyone know of the television series depicting a man wearing a rocket suit, which he used to fly? Does the name "Commando Cody" ring any bells? Another show that was presented on television in the 70's or 80's was about a man who could cross back and forth from the electronic world and the real world, like "TRON", only this character was not as imprisoned in either dimension. I seem to remember one of the stars was a young man by the name of Desi Arnez (Little Ricky, son of Lucy and Desi).

Yes, I remember the Commando Cody serials. I used to watch them every day after school. They had a similar serial called "Rocket Men to the Moon" and the hero was dressed like Commando Cody. I'm sorry but I don't remember the other show you mentioned.