Any musicians out there?

I wuz just wondering how many of us out there play musical instruments of any kind, jam in garage bands, etc. Growing up, I know that a lot of my tastes and desires concerning shoes were inspired by the various rock musicians who often wore outrageous platform shoes (Elton John, Stevie Nicks, Kiss), or even went all out in spike heels (Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Prince, Ronnie James Dio, etc.) Like many skinny, pimply teenagers, I picked up the guitar in high school, and drove my parents mad with bad imitations of Led Zepplin, Bob Dylan, and other classic rock. I still get together with people here and there and play bass or rhythm guitar. Of course it's in suitably high platforms; the better to see the drummer with...

I play the guitar once in a while. Not in a band, just for fun.. I'll probably be never as good as my alltime favorite guitarist, Mark Knopfler. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

On 2002-02-20 02:09, Debbie(HK) wrote:

Never got on with the guitar. With my long nails now I have built in plectrums though B)

Debbie

I was thinking exactly the same when I saw one of your pics a while ago. :smile:

Seems to me it would be quite difficult to handle the guitar neck though.

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

To be honest I don't think that it would work as they would get in the way on the neck end. They are too long for coping with the strings or whatever they are called. Tried learning Spanish guitar when I was younger and couldn't cope with short nails :smile: so not much of a hope for me as a guitarist! Debbie

This is a platform free shoe zone!

• 2 months later...

My dad taught me guitar--gene autry style. I taught myself joan baez style finger picking, and also taught myself the mandolin--had learned a few 4-string banjo chords from my dad and found the chord positions were the same, tho they were for different chords. My music heroines were Joan Jett, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, and Siouxsie Sue, along with Tom Petty, when I finally was able to hook the name to the music (yeah I know, he isn't a "heroine", but there are a few good male singers out there as well).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I used to play drums, I've had several bands and with one band I played at the Grand Prix of the Netherlands. We didn't reach the half final, allthough I think we were good and motivated at that time (that was 1986). My last band was six years ago and we played a mix of rock and country music. We had 3 guitarplayers in the front! I still have my drumkit.

• 1 year later...

Keyboard, drums and guitar. My favorite method of relaxing is to put on a CD or music video and play along with my guitar. I prefer electric to acoustic.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Bass. My first instrument was a Fender Jazz, purchased in 1971. I got a Fender Precision a few months later which I ended up using almost exclusively to play covers of progressive rock tunes. I'm having a fretless bass made which resembles the Ampeg AUB.

Michael

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Piano, trumpet, and voice were my instruments. When in college, I was a member of a select group of 20 voices that sang with a major symphony orchestra. I was also a member in the university orchestra, belonged to a threatre group called "The Red Maskquers", and a member of a small group of actors that did small half hour plays on a local TV station. Besides that, I was a member of church choirs, and a director of a church choir for a few years. Also taught private lessons on piano and the band instruments for public school bands. I taught music in grades 1-5 in the public schools for 32 years. I am now retired since 1990 and haven't touched an instrument or used my voice since. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 months later...

Every now and then, people writing about music refer to "cover music". Can anyone explain to me what that is?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Performing music originally recorded by some other artist. For example the Beatles playing Little Richard songs.

Every now and then, people writing about music refer to "cover music". Can anyone explain to me what that is?

Michael

• 1 month later...

Custom unfretted bass nearing completion. The maker is severely backlogged as he makes them entirely by hand as a hobby. There are three outputs. One combines both pickup signals and sends them through the internal volume and tone controls. The other two are the unprocessed signals of the individual pickups (it looks like 4 pickups in the photo, they are actually housings for 2 coil pairs). Extra long 35 inch scale. Ebony fingerboard. I'll probably be using flatwound strings to avoid wearing the fingerboard prematurely.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Michael