Brake Blocks (take 2)

brake blocks

yesterday i was at home, my wife was at work & son at school, i had to relieve the boredom so i planed at the last minute to go heeling, so i got 4 pairs of boots from my collection and got ready to go. I left home in a pair of knee boots from the florence & fred range at Tesco. I walked for 5-10 minutes in a built up area passing a few people before i got into the park enterance. i started to walk to a park bench and passed a lady with a push chair, she could heer the heels of the boots on the pavement before i got on the grass and reached the bench and 2 more people walked past before i could change in to my 2nd pair of boots, a pair from Next Italian range rear zip, blade heel with 2 screws in the heel tips they sound nice when walking on hard surfaces, 2 more ladys passed by with me click clacking away. I took a path over the grass & the heels started to sink, the feeling was great :). More to follow!!

Part 2, So i walked to my next place to change into my 3rd pair ( Faith stiletto heeled ankle boots with metal heel tip ), as i was changing intto the boots female voices were heard comeing up the steps as i looked up i saw 2 ladys walking down towards me :). I just carried on putting on the boots & putting the others back in my carrier bag. I walked again click clacking my way past mare people at this point i was in my element the heels were covered by my Black jeans, walking on tarmac & grass was exciting knowing i could not stop the stiletto heel from sinking, continueing to wak past more people to my next changeing place where i put my tan Faith heeled ankle boots on which have a 41/2 inch metal tipped blade heel, they were awsom (only wear them at home when on my own). So it came time to head back home, on my way walking past more people & not careing what they think! past some teenagers & finally past a PCSO (police community support officer) who had stopped on his bycle he let on & i thought i would have 1 more change as i had noticed a new tarmac path, so out came the Faith stiletto heel ankle boots & on they went :). Walking back down the new path on tarmac was awsommmm :rose: heels clicccccking away and little whits marks being left behind, i walked out of the park and continued up a main road still clicking away past other people, I did come up to a tricky situation, a courier from UPS that i know , i slowed down till he got back in the back of his van & i carried on walking with out a care in the world. That walk was about 15-20 minutes long, so uo the metal bridge to cross the tram lines and finally back into the boots at the start for the last 5 minutes walk home :D. In total a very enjoyable walk lasting 11/2 hours and passing loads of other people. Who say heeling can't be fun & safe. The pictures can be found in Brake blocks collection in pictures section footwear 1 & 3

Great excursion in heels, break blocks :) It's too bad you hadn't passed a coffee house on your route so that you could have taken a break and enjoyed a bit of refreshment while out. Perhaps next time you can pick another place for your outing. One that has a nice outdoor cafe' where you can sit and enjoy your surroundings while wearing one of those great pairs of boots. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Bubba 136, I am in the process of uploading the video clips i took, these will be on youtube. more details to follow. Also no heels today as i have 2 blisters one too the left foot heel & one tho big toe right foot :), that will teach me!

Nice day out you had there. Though I do have to ask, what is with the frequent change in shoes/boots during your adventure? Wouldn't it be far less bothersome and less baggage to carry to just head out in a pair of heels for the duration? Not sure I understand what you are doing this for, if you want to wear all of the shoes and perhaps give them equal air time, wear one pair on one outing, then the next time you go out (later that evening, or the next day, etc), wear another pair, well, that is how MOST people would do it anyway :) Anyway, as long as you are having fun with it I suppose. :)

Thank you heelfans, I know it sounds funny takeing 4 pairs out with me, i wanted to see which pair got the best reaction from other people, the answer is infact (none). No one really botherd to stop me or call out any remarks, to me that was a result:wave:. Today i did only take The Faith stiletto heel ankle boots out, wearing the from home i was nervous because of the heel tips, and what a walk it was, 2 hours in those metal tip heels people could her me comeing. 1 Young lady sawme as she pulled out of her driveway in her car with the window down, i was next to the drive way & had to stop for her,she could hear the heels & she smiled at me & drove off. 2 other people spoke to me as well as i was sitting on the seat with my heels showing. In all a pretty good outing in metal tip heels. And now a question for you? Which type of pavement surface damages heel tips the most? A, Concrete paning flags. B, Old tarmac surface. C, New tarmac surface. I say A. the heel tips on my boots today look like they will only last another couple of walks before reheeling is needed.:)