are blade heels still "in"

kneehighs

I have this great pair of 9 west 3.5" blade heeled knee high boots I bought in 2001 and have kept in great shape. I could be wrong, but it seems that for this coming fall stilleto's are the "in" and I don't want to be the "out" for wearing my favorite boots. What are your opinions?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well, as excited as we are to see stilettos on runways in the fashion world, I think that a classy pair of boots will always be in, blade heeled or not. Considering that what women actually wear can be different from what the runway has, I'd say it is safe to wear your blades and be proud of it. At 3.5" in height, your still doing better than most can handle. :lol:

Hello Kneehighs! Judging by the fashon trends in the UK, you are right about blade heels giving way to stilettos. However, as a streetheeling guy who owns several pairs of bladeheeled boots (mostly 4.5"), I find myself having two different ways of looking at this: 1. To conform with the girls I am seriously thinking of taking one or two pairs of my blades into my workshop and cutting-away both sides of the heels to arrive at a more stiletto-like width when viewed from behind. Naturally I will have to take care of some technical aspects like maybe inserting a strong, central screw to act as a strengthening rod through the core before I re-cover the heel in black leather, but it might be worth the trouble. The three advantages are a) More fashionable, B) More sexy c) I love the 'wobbly' feel of thin heels that you don't get with blades! 2. On the other hand, sometimes I go out in a more shy mood and don't want to attract the undue attention of my heels being TOO feminine. Therefore, with the girls' fashion moving over to stilettos, retaining my thicker blade heels will make my boots look a LITTLE more masculine and chunky by comparison. Having several pairs of blade heels, I think I'll try and end up converting some to stilettos and leaving others as blades. Mind you, this suggestion is probably not much help if you've only got the one pair! Cheerfully Yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

I generally don't like blade (chisel) heels on boots, perhaps because I associate them with the duck-footed style which emerged in the late 90s.

I don't care for them on sandals either because my dad's slutty girlfriend wears them.

Now I do like blade heels on the following type of high-cut woman's shoe.

Posted Image

Michael

I'm going to take Laurie's advice and still wear the blades with pride, but at the same time, I'm also going to start investing in pointy toed, stilleto black pumps and boots. Pointy toed and stilleto shoes never lose their style, fashion, and femininity.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.