Toy Story 3

Maximilian

I just got back from seeing Toy Story 3. Hands down it was the best film (not just animated) I've seen this year. I highly recommend it. One of the most memorable characters in the film is Ken, Barbie's companion. I thought that he was hilarious. What's funny is that even though he isn't actually supposed to be a gay toy, he is portrayed as an over the top cliche gay character. One particular scene there involves him and high heels. The audience during that scene was roaring with laughter. It was funny on the one hand. On the other, I had 2 interpretations of it: 1) The makers of the film were trying to send a message of "whatever floats his boat". 2) How "gay" it's considered for a man to wear heels in society these days. I would like to hope that option 1 was the intent but I'm more inclined to believe that option 2 was it. Either way, enjoy the film. I loved it!

Cool!.. I'm out of the loop from working too much and I've been thinking about taking one evening a week and going to a movie, and now I've got one on the list to see... But the question on my mind is...Did you wear heels to the movie..lol

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

I did too max, loved it! (saw it today wearing my black FLAT gladiator sandals) too! they are better for long-range walking @ least for me.:wave:

But the question on my mind is...Did you wear heels to the movie..lol

Nope. Actually, it's been a while since I went out in heels. The main reason is that I work a lot and by the time I get home, the last thing on my mind is to go out in heels.

On weekends I like to chill at home and I usually don't have the patience to get ready in a feminine look. You can't just throw on a pair of heels and walk out the door.

So I've basically been wearing my summer masculine styles which would be shorts, a t-shirt and either runners or flip flops. One pair of flip flops are actually Japanese Geta, i.e. wood flip flops with about a half inch platform and a 1.5 inch heel. They are traditional mens flip flops in Japan.

Feminine styles never became exclusive for me, nor they ever will since there are lots of masculine styles I enjoy wearing which don't require the amount of preparation as does a feminine style.

I saw Toy Story 3 with my wife and daughter at Tinseltown in Kenosha on Saturday and it was it outstanding. Even a little sad at the end as it made me think of the single toy that survives from my childhood here in WIsconsin--a yellow Tonka roadgrader I used to make my many roads and bridges in our horseshoe pits which also served as a sandbox. One more trilogy to put in the movie collection but this one will be very special for a very long time. HappyinHeels

I just got back from seeing Toy Story 3. Hands down it was the best film (not just animated) I've seen this year. I highly recommend it.

One of the most memorable characters in the film is Ken, Barbie's companion. I thought that he was hilarious. What's funny is that even though he isn't actually supposed to be a gay toy, he is portrayed as an over the top cliche gay character.

One particular scene there involves him and high heels. The audience during that scene was roaring with laughter. It was funny on the one hand. On the other, I had 2 interpretations of it:

1) The makers of the film were trying to send a message of "whatever floats his boat".

2) How "gay" it's considered for a man to wear heels in society these days.

I would like to hope that option 1 was the intent but I'm more inclined to believe that option 2 was it.

Either way, enjoy the film. I loved it!

I've not seen it although I enjoyed the first two.

Frankly, if Option 2 was the Director's intention, then the 'Board Of Film Censors' should have banned the film for making discriminatory inferences...and sending out sexist messages. There is no Law in any Country that forbids the wearing of high heels by men, and so any inference that it is 'gay' (in the homophobic sense) is illegal.

If this is so, then the film should be banned until this scene is fixed.

However, if the Director is inferring that high heeled men are GAY...in the dictionary sense of 'fun' or 'happy'....then that's OK.

On the other hand....we can just ignore it and let all our 3-7 year olds get brainwashed into homophobic thinking from an early age..............

(That's my contentious contribution for the day done now..........:wave:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I have to disagree, Puss.. In the U.S. we have freedom of speech granted by the First ammendment of the United States constitution... Everyone (filmmakers included) has the right to speak or express ideas without censorship or limitation, right or wrong... It's (still) up to the viewer to make up their own mind.. As a man who wears heels, I couldn't care less what the film implies... Grain of salt.. Oh.. And if you want to make something really popular.... Ban it..:wave:

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

wood and metal, Exactly. I didn't much care for Michael Moore's movies about Sept. 11 but will defend his right to make them. Attitudes about what's ignorant or intolerant or just plain stupid are expressed by the citizenry at speaking forums and at the ballot box and laws are passed to reflect these new attitudes. We don't need censorship or the uber-restrictive policies of some countries because American society has a way of sorting these things out as it has now for the 234 years since This Republic was founded in Philadelphia. Freedom rocks when liberty allows the many, or the one, to raise their voice. HappyinHeels