Sandal shopping at Payless Shoes

SF

Last week I went to a local Payless Shoe store to browse around. I found a pair of HH Thong slide sandals called "Lisette." The sandals have a braided upper with a 2 inch slender heel and look very nice. I asked the gal at the counter if they had a size 11 in stock. She said they did not, but another Payless close by had a size 11. The gal even gave me a $3.00 discount coupon for the purchase. I went to the other store and was greeted by the lady clerk, she aked what size I was looking for. When I told her size 11, she began to direct me to the men's section. I told her no, size 11 womens, and she hesitated and chuckled slightly then took me to the ladies section. I found the Lisette sandal up in the overhead rack, and asked the clerk if she could get the box down for me, which she did. She opened the box and said "these are cute shoes," and handed them to me. I said yes, I liked them and then asked the $64,000 question, "these are for me, do you mind if I try them on?" She looked at me and smiled with a said "you go ahead." So right there in front of her and another clerk, I put on the sandals, looked in the mirror and walked around the store a bit. The clerk did not say anything but looked at me and smiled. When I went to buy the shoes, the clerk asked if I wanted to get a second pair for 50% off, so I went and found a matching pair for my wife. As I completed the purchase, the clerk again said that she liked the shoes, and said for me to enjoy my purchase. When I got home, I gave the wife her "surprise" and we tried on our matching sandals together. Can't wait to get "out" in them, they will look good with denim or cargo pants. I have had other shopping experiences at Payless, and the clerks there are always very freindly and helpful. See ya, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well, what is the story?? I like Payless because they have larger sizes and the clerks are nice and helpful. I do wish they had more of their shoes in leather, the synthetic material is uncomfortable sometimes. see ya, sf

Thanks Docs.... Being a "low tech guy in a high tech world," I was proud of myself when I finally figured out not only what an "avatar" was, but how to actually post one!!! ha ha... The sandals are some "cheapie" Steve Madden imitations that I got at Target last year. But they look nice and are comfy. The wife has a matching pair in red... Take care... sf

Glad that you fellows have been able to find just what you are looking for at Payless. Haven't looked there for quite a while so must take another look soon. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks for the great story! I haven't shopped at Payless for years, but used to a lot. I too have found the clerks to be friendly and quite helpful. Correct me if I am wrong, a few years back Payless "rebranded" a bit and do seem to be more stylish, etc. However, the few times I have browsed the store, I found that I could get higher quality shoes for just a little more cost. Since they do carry extended sizes, I still understand the appeal of Payless, but for shoes size 11 and under, I can usually find better shoes for about $10 more at many other stores.

Style is built from the ground up!