6 inch heels sought (not 7)

onyourtoes

Lately there seems to be a heel height gap in shoes I've bought. Many heels designated as 5 inches are rounded from 12 cm which is 4 3/4 inches. Some heels sold as 6 inches are only 5 1/2 inches. But my problem lately is heels that are sold as 6 inches that have heels that get higher as the size goes up. The last 2 pairs of 6 inch heels I bought were a full 7 inches in my size 11 -- pretty spectacular, but higher than I want (most of the time at least...) So my problem is I'd like to find a pair of 6 inch heel shoes where the heels are really 6 inches high, not 5 1/2 and not 6 1/2. Has anyone found any lately?

That's annoying isn't it? I suppose it's a timely warning to us all, and we should get the shop to physically measure the heel-height of the proposed pair before you commit them to shipping them. Thank you for the information. Cheerfully your, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

That's annoying isn't it? I suppose it's a timely warning to us all, and we should get the shop to physically measure the heel-height of the proposed pair before you commit them to shipping them. Thank you for the information. Cheerfully your, Heelfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Manufacturers make the height of the heel in proportion to the size of the shoe. A heel might be 4" on a US Woman's size 7 and 5" on a size 12 of the same style of shoe. They do this so that the larger sizes have the same visible profile/image as the smaller sizes. There’s a comprehensive explanation of this phenomenon posted somewhere on this forum. It’s been a while back and I don’t remember where, though.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.