the passion for high heels

woodwedge

The world can really be cruel in their assumptions to a photoed situation. Perhaps she will buy a pair of shoes so that the use of her prosthetic limp will be less obvious. Maybe she was there to buy some shoes for a friend. Whatever the reason, why can't we see the person who is just like us only one of her challenges has had to take a lot more physical effort to overcome than most of us have to deal with all of our lives?

I think it is in human nature to be curious about things that stand out of the norm. Seeing a one legged woman shopping for heels isn't an everyday occurrence so I can understand the interest. It is what the "onlooker" does afterward that makes it wrong. Staring, chiding, or even making it into more than what it is only shows how one's own insecurity of an otherwise normal situation is thrown so far off balance that you really begin to understand how shallow and feeble a persons intellect and character can be. In short, look out of curiosity. Stare or joke and you're basically just another douche.

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

I found this on youtube.A really adicted women despite of her disability

I fail to understand any of the comments posted in this thread. Why would any person ever think that just because a person is handicapped in any way, that they wouldn't have the same basic desires that those of us that are not hindered in such ways?

My son is a c-5,c-6 "quad." Paralyzed from the center of his chest down. And, even though he is confined to living his life in a wheelchair, and has limited use of his arms and no use at all of his hands, he managed to live a fairly normal life complete with a wife and two children and a job that he thrives at.

And, I've not noticed over the 20 years since his accident, his desire to appear up to date and fashionable ever lessened. In face, in a lot of ways, he is a more aware of current trends in men's wear than I am.

So, because a one legged woman looks at shoes and she has a "fetish?" What nonsense!! The only one that even approaches any part of the truth here, is Kaygirl when she opined that it is a shame that the woman had to pay for a complete pair of shoes rather than just a single shoe.

While "normal" people think that quality of life depends on having the use all of the physical attributes intended, losing one or more, while making life more difficult in a world constructed for those without handicaps, isn't as important as mental attitude and outlook.

My god, I bet I can point to fully ½ half of the membership of this forum that do not have as full of a life or as good quality of life as my son has, or, as many of the other handicapped people I've gotten to know since my son's accident, have.

And, anyone finding the appearance of handicapped people as a "turn-on" had better have their head examined....because, they're flat out "sick"!!!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

my post was not about HER. I have my biggest respect for a woman like that. still thank you a lot for your comment - I am afraid there are points healthy people very often don´t think about.