A few questions????

Beegirl

Well me and hubby went to look at a very nice shoe shop that only sells shoes from that side of the world, my only reaction "WOW", we wanted to order over the net, but was not sure about the sizes for me or him as the sizes is not the same, I am wearing a 8 shoe and the one that fits me is a 12, so to be safe for him we need to get a 13 for him as he wears a 9 . Well I was suprise when I fit the one stiletto, it was so soft, that was for me amazing as our local stilettos is not cumfy like that. So yes we getting for us, Now for this question, is all the sizes the same or does it also differ from make. Then my second question, I do not wear heels alot, even if I love them to bits, but wear mostly flat shoes to work for comfort. When I do decide to wear heals, its for about 2 hours, then I have pain galore on the top side of my feet. I still battle to get rid of the pain and even walk difficult now, somebody at my work said that it could be from the sudden change to heels that I damage or tore a muscle in my foot. Because of this problem I can not wear all the lovely shoes I have and I so much want to.

Hiya BEEGIRL. Depending what Mens size Hubby wears normally, simply ADD 2 to it giving him his Ladies sizing. Then again go up another or more especially if you'd go up on style(s) you may both want to have together. Enjoy the Shopping as well as Wearing. :-) Take Care. ~~~ B'luv

Boots Rock!!!!

Hi Beegirl It could be that you were looking at shoes using the American sizing. We (South Africa) follow the UK sizing, which is different to the American. And to add to the confusion you also get a European size, as well as 1 or 2 others. I wear a UK size 9, which if I remeber correctly is the same as an American mens 11 & ladies 13. All of my shoes that I've ordered from america were a size 13.I have no idea what my European size is, but I think it's about a 43. The other thing to remember is that there are sometimes differences between the manufacturers themselves. For manufacturer A you may wear a 9 & for manufacturer B a 10. There are posts around here that go into the size differences.

• 2 weeks later...

Finding a high heeled shoe that you're really comfortable in is a godsend. I've been wearing heels pretty much constantly since I was 14, so I'm well used to them, but even i find some pairs uncomfortable. It's a bit of a lottery buying off the internet, so it always pays to check what the returns policy is. Different manufacturers vary a little, added to which there's the different ways in which the sizing of one region is translated to that of another. So there's no substitute for actually trying them on. As regards the pain, yes i've had someting similar, especially if I wear a higher heel after having let my feet get used to a lower one for a few days. It sounds obvious, but the trick seems to be to ease oneself into it gradually. Raising oneself onto tiptoe and lowering oneself slowly gets the muscles and ligaments used to being in that position. Slipping your shoe off (if they're the kind that can be slipped off discreetly) and flexing your foot works wonders too. Making sure you don't stand for a long time in one position helps - walk around, sit down, stand up again - it's holding muscles and ligaments in one position for a long time that makes them hurt in my experience. It's a bit like riding a bicycle. It needs practice and it takes a while for the body to get used to the new stresses and strains. A little bit of practice every day, leaving off before it gets painful, should sort you out eventually! Alexa

You mentioned the pain is at the upper part of your feet? You mean the sides, toes, arch? I didn't always wear really high heels, but started out with 3" heels. I would say that I have fairly small feet so I don't deal with a lot of pain as some people do. They fit into most high heels comfortably. My toes do get scrunched up at the point from time to time depending how hot my feet get and how high the heels are, but I try to keep it dry by dangling my feet out of the shoe just enough to allow air to circulate. I do agree with Alexa about feet movement. Do some exercises with your feet, roll them around a bit, stretch them out from toe to heel, and allow them to adjust to different positions instead of forcing them to stay in single position for long term. I can wear 6" heels but I'll tend to move my toes up and down, from the ankles--move the up and down left and right from time to time at my desk. They help stretch the calves too. If your feet begins to pinch, don't force the issue and keep them in your shoe. Let them out for a bit to get circulation going again and put them back on. If it's bugging you a lot, then you may need bigger shoes.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

I do not wear heels alot, even if I love them to bits, but wear mostly flat shoes to work for comfort. When I do decide to wear heals, its for about 2 hours, then I have pain galore on the top side of my feet. I still battle to get rid of the pain and even walk difficult now, somebody at my work said that it could be from the sudden change to heels that I damage or tore a muscle in my foot. Because of this problem I can not wear all the lovely shoes I have and I so much want to.

Sharp pains felt between the metatarsal bones of the feet indicate a strain of the interosseous muscles.

The interosseous muscles lie between the toes, and help stabilize the foot in walking and running. When they are strained, they often cause sharp pains on the top of the foot or beneath it. The pain from this injury is often confused with a neuroma of the foot (inflammation of a nerve in the foot) that causes similar sharp pains.

This injury and this type of pain may be brought on by wearing high heels.

Interosseus muscle injuries can occur between several metatarsals at once. Although rarely identified by health professionals, strains of these muscles are common. To identify this injury, one only needs to gently squeeze the metatarsals together. This usually reproduces the pain sensation.