Priceless

wolf

I've found a pair of shoes in ebay from Priceless (www.pricelessshoes.co.uk).

What do you think about Priceless shoes?

The shoes are very cheap. Are them so bad in quality?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Part of the Barrett's Shoes group many styles are on both sites sometimes with different prices? The feedback/recommendation comments can be useful and enlightening. Al

Part of the Barrett's Shoes group many styles are on both sites sometimes with different prices?

The feedback/recommendation comments can be useful and enlightening.

Al

The sizing seems to be different though for the shoes that are branded either Barratts or Priceless. Priceless tend to be big for the size, and Barratts small for the size it seems. Quality seems ok for the price - they are both pretty cheap overall.

Part of the Barrett's Shoes group many styles are on both sites sometimes with different prices?

The feedback/recommendation comments can be useful and enlightening.

Al

Actually - about 4 years ago I picked up a pair of gorgeous ankle boots in Barretts. They are in the classic '80's style with a short point toe and a 4.5" curved, spike stiletto heel. They come up to my lower calf in a nice sculpted curve, and the colour is a pretty, light rose pink, with a REAL suede and snakeskin inlay at the sides. The uppers believe it or not, are real kid leather too. Not only were they a bargain they are really comfortable as well.

They were top of the range when they were full price, but I bought them new and boxed, in their Winter Sale for.......£4.99!!!!!:smile:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

It's great finding bargains like that but so frustrating just prior to payday when the bank is empty. I've managed to get some things held for a day or so but not very often. Al

The two pairs of boots I bought from Priceless are good-looking, comfortable and quite generously sized (if rather wide in the shaft). The soft PU material is fine (if a bit smelly initially - like creosote!) and they seem quite sturdy although I doubt the plastic heel tips will last long. The customer feedback seems positive too, with just a few concerns about heel strength. All in all, a useful and economical source of footwear, especially in larger sizes - more please! If Priceless would stock a semi-pointed ankle boot with a not-too-chunky block or cuban heel 3 - 3.5" high in sizes up to 11UK, I reckon it would be a winner - none of the range quite meets that spec at present.

Priceless is my favorite shop as it has a good selection of heels in size 9. I've only had one bad pair - the Fabulous Ankle Boot. The heel came off the first time I wore them outside and I could not get them re heeled as they were not standard.

Priceless is my favorite shop as it has a good selection of heels in size 9. I've only had one bad pair - the Fabulous Ankle Boot. The heel came off the first time I wore them outside and I could not get them re heeled as they were not standard.

I hope you returned them with a suitable complaint for a refund. Regardless of price, that should not happen on a first wearing.

You do have to watch the quality of the items they supply. Since the parent company, Stylo, was in trouble, they have changed their quality standards. A recent purchase has had to be returned, their Beadle model shown below. Firstly I noticed the heel on one shoe was not true, but twisted, so it look ed strange. Then to top it off, the heels are too short so they are not vertical. The shoe in size 9 is perfect for a 12cm heel, but the one fitted is 8mm short. I suppose the heel would be right for the smaller sizes say a 6, but its all wrong at the top end. To keep the look of the shoe, the heel height should vary according to the size of the shoe. Clearly this is not the case in this particular shoe. Nice to see that they are still doing high heels without platforms - ugh!! Simon.

post-1002-133522909131_thumb.jpg

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 2 weeks later...

These boots from Priceless/Big Shoe Boutique (3.5” stiletto heel) have been mentioned before: http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/wcsstore/ConsumerDirectStorefrontAssetStore/images/products/x_large/04_320_0405_01.jpg They are still available up to UK11 at £15.00. The customer reviews are generally very good; the only adverse comments concern the rather wide shafts and that the heel might be a little flimsy. But the interesting thing is that at least two of the buyers are male; I will not give their names but I wonder if they are members here? These are their comments (unedited for typos etc):

"I am a guy who loves wearing heels, i'm not a CD or a TV i just like heels. My partner (Female) encouraged me to buy them and wear them out in town on a Saturday night with my jeans and a shirt. She dressed the same and we had a great night. The boots look and feel incredible and i was given a lot of compliments on not only my choiceof footwear but having the nerve to wer them especially by women who thought they looked great on a man. If it wasn't for your site i would have to pay considerably more for shoes that look as though they belong in an adult film. These boots are immense and a good fit. i am 6' 3'' and weight 16 stonnes and i have no problems walking in them.

Heels are fantastic fun.

Thanks....."

"Bought these for a fancy dress do, not fully expecting them to fit (am 6' tall and big, with size 12 feet) but they fit perfectly, can even get my jeans inside them. Still looking for an excuse to wear them out, but the missus seems happy for me to wear them about the house, although they take a bit of getting used to!"

I was not one of the two reviewers but i have bought many priceless shoes (size 10) and left reviews for about 3 of them (one was not too complimentry - http://www.bigshoeboutique.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_14052_-1_116674_14051 reviwer name - barney). You do get what you pay for but some of them are suprisingly well made and are a real bargain if you get them when they are on sale, the round toe pumps they did in about 7 different colours were particulary nice.

I got a pair of the boots described and they are really quite nice, my only real critisizm being they smell really plasticky, however they fit really well and for the money are really good.

I hope that some of the shoes they sell in an 8 or 9 are made in the larger sizes as they are really nice.

A good alternative to Evans.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!