Gerryjohn says hello

Hi everyone. I'm new to sites like this so please be patient if I go wrong somewhere. I am male, 55 years of age and have been drawn to high heels since my teens. Being 1.8m tall and slim build I tend to stand if wearing 'high' high heels so I restrict myself to 2inch heels on the odd osassion when I venture out in public. Being tall means that even with wide trousers the heels are on show. I feels good to encounter a community such as this. Best wishes, Gerryjohn

Welcome to hhplace, gerryjohn :pulsingheart: It won't be long before some of our members get together and convince you that there isn't anything wrong with a tall guy wearing 4" heels in public. Just wait and see :happy::blinkbigeyes:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Have you any stories that you can tell us all about your public high heeling?

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hi Dawn HH

My heeling has largely been a pure personal joy without much of note.

Like the other guys who go public I get the second glances - which I enjoy - and the odd comment usually from women - which I enjoy even more.

My worst experience occurred on a Saturday afternoon in Belfast city. I was wearing a pair of patent ankle boots with pointed toes and 2.5in stiletto heel under jeans. While waiting to cross the road at a busy junction with lots of pedestrians also waiting to cross a small boy of about 10 years noticed my shoes. He began pointing and screaming loudly "yuk, he's wearing womens shoes, that man's wearing high heels" etc. It was difficult but fortunately the traffic stopped and I was albe to move on.

On another occasion in my early days before I realised that when wearing heels you must shorten your stride my heel slipped from under me - again in the centre of Belfast on a wet Saturday afternoon. Down I went and there I was sitting there with my patent boots with sculpted heel (I think that is the term for a heel which is moved forward along the foot) visible to all. Of course everbody turned to look while I gathered myself and my bags and went on my way. I laughed to myself and probably enjoyed the experience.

Its all part of the learning experience. No more sculpted heels, take shorter strides - especially on wet surfaces -and expect a reaction from small boys.