Long walk.

Leigh

Yesterday was just the day of all days. Started with loads of problems at work so it got cinda late before i got off and as luck would have it half way home the car broke down :blinkbigeyes:. And even more lucky me i forgot my handbag at work with my cell in it :pulsingheart: so couldn't call anyone for help.

So i had to walk the remaining 4 km's home in my 13cm pumps, ( se picture ) on a road with a little snow on it and it was -3 c. outside so much pain in my feets where expected but when i got i home i had no pain in my feets only my finger hurt a little but that was from freezing. The shoes where extremely comfortable to walk in and because of the metal heel and worn down sole it was no problem at all walking those 4 km's home.

So when the weather gets a little better i think i might just try and walk home the entire way from work one day. Thinks its prob gona be a friday so i have the weekend to rest my feets if needed. And i will try it in the same shoes and the full walk is 8,1km not sure how much that is in miles but if you want you can prob http://google.com it. So this is really a bad situation with a good outcome:D Although i didn't like the low temperature cause its was really cold.

If the full walk turns out good i might start walking alot to and from work in my heels cause i really enjoy walking in heel's.

Any one else have the same desire for walking long distances i heel's?

Love Leigh.

post-12031-1335229049_thumb.jpg

Leigh, Sorry to hear about your car troubles, but it sounds like you enjoyed the walk. I just can't help thinking how many of the guys on this forum would have loved to stop and help you out if they'd been in the right place at the right time! They're a gorgeous pair of shoes by the way, why don't you tell us about them? Spiker.

Yesterday was just the day of all days. Started with loads of problems at work so it got cinda late before i got off and as luck would have it half way home the car broke down :happy:. And even more lucky me i forgot my handbag at work with my cell in it :) so couldn't call anyone for help.

So i had to walk the remaining 4 km's home in my 13cm pumps, ( se picture ) on a road with a little snow on it and it was -3 c. outside so much pain in my feets where expected but when i got i home i had no pain in my feets only my finger hurt a little but that was from freezing. The shoes where extremely comfortable to walk in and because of the metal heel and worn down sole it was no problem at all walking those 4 km's home.

So when the weather gets a little better i think i might just try and walk home the entire way from work one day. Thinks its prob gona be a friday so i have the weekend to rest my feets if needed. And i will try it in the same shoes and the full walk is 8,1km not sure how much that is in miles but if you want you can prob http://google.com it. So this is really a bad situation with a good outcome:D Although i didn't like the low temperature cause its was really cold.

If the full walk turns out good i might start walking alot to and from work in my heels cause i really enjoy walking in heel's.

Any one else have the same desire for walking long distances i heel's?

Love Leigh.

8.1KMS IS JUST OVER 5 MILES. i have done this distance in 7.5'' heels (19cm) they are the heels i am wearing in my avatar. it took me 3.5 hrs. no problem:smile::blinkbigeyes::smile::pulsingheart:

8.1KMS IS JUST OVER 5 MILES. i have done this distance in 7.5'' heels (19cm) they are the heels i am wearing in my avatar. it took me 3.5 hrs. no problem:smile::blinkbigeyes::smile::pulsingheart:

Those are platforms - that doesn't count for heel height :happy: .

So i had to walk the remaining 4 km's home in my 13cm pumps,

So far, I made it to 2 miles (3 km) in 5" and 3 miles (5 km) in 4". So ... 4 km (2.5 miles) in 5 1/8" heels (13 cm) is quite impressive, assuming that your shoe size is smaller than mine (45 European).

Hey Leigh, I'm really surprised you didn't get a lift on such a cold day. Otherwise, I'm happy you enjoyed your walk in 5.12" (13cm) stiletto heels. I don't know your shoe size, but that still seems extra high for such a long walk. Some people have the dexterity to walk in such heights with out any extra effort and I wish I was that dexterous at the higher slopes. There have been a few times I have tried to keep up with others with heels higher than mine and I have to watch them leave me behind. They weren't aware that I was trying to keep up. Any way, Good Luck in heeling the 8.1km from work to residence and I'm interested to know how it comes out.

Subtract the heigth of the platform from the heel then you have the actual heelhieght. I can with ease go long distance in a pair of plats but doing it in a non plat shoes is the real test for the balls on your feet.

Those are platforms - that doesn't count for heel height :happy: .

So far, I made it to 2 miles (3 km) in 5" and 3 miles (5 km) in 4". So ... 4 km (2.5 miles) in 5 1/8" heels (13 cm) is quite impressive, assuming that your shoe size is smaller than mine (45 European).

Im a 40/41 depending on the shoes but most my shoes are 40.

Hey Leigh,

I'm really surprised you didn't get a lift on such a cold day. Otherwise, I'm happy you enjoyed your walk in 5.12" (13cm) stiletto heels. I don't know your shoe size, but that still seems extra high for such a long walk. Some people have the dexterity to walk in such heights with out any extra effort and I wish I was that dexterous at the higher slopes. There have been a few times I have tried to keep up with others with heels higher than mine and I have to watch them leave me behind. They weren't aware that I was trying to keep up. Any way, Good Luck in heeling the 8.1km from work to residence and I'm interested to know how it comes out.

Where are the shoes in your avatar from?

Wow, Leigh--I've got to hand it to you. That is amazing! I've only been able to walk 20 blocks in NYC: and that was with platforms, not stilettos.

Well i guess its the result of 24/7 heeling for years and plats has never really said me anything. i have always consider them as cheating to a higher heel.

Well good for you Leigh, the more you walk the better you get at it. Copenhagen is a tough walk, lot's of cobbles. Once, I was meeting folks there so I decide to wear the heels from my hotel in VedBaek to the train station - 1km - no problem. But then from the Noreport station down the Stoget on cobles and then lunch and some shopping - by the the time I was on the train home many hours and km and my legs were so tired I had to take my shoes off and barefoot it to the hotel once off the train. Shoes were as in my avatar... 5" on my big feet.

• 2 weeks later...

She has gona crasy. But good thing is she aint naggin me about the car:P

HAHA. Wait until you see your brithday present this year. :blinkbigeyes:

Leigh:-)

It seems that your feet are quite happy walking 5 miles when called upon at the last minute. Congrats!

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yeah it seem that way. Even better is i had some trouble with my toes really hurting lately but it seems over come. :pulsingheart: And thanks

really unbelievable! hope you can walk in 81 km easilly!

81km. Aint gona happen im affraid. Hope you mean 8km :happy: