6" at last

heelma

I finally found that I manage now to walk pretty decently in 6" heels w/o PF. Whatever has been said here about "training" your feet, it is definitely true, as I wasn't able to walk in them a couple of years ago. 5" was always about the limit. So, I walked in 5" for quite some time, then found 5 1/4" and 5 1/2" and first just walked a small loop with those before really going for 1-2 miles. Now I got some 6", and I really only ordered those to have something to work up to. I was honestly very surprised when I found that I was actually already able to walk in them! I guess I have to order the "Scream" heels now, as the next challenge :blinkbigeyes:

Good question, haven't done that yet, going directly from 6" to 4". What I did find though was that after "training" myself by not wearing anything lower than 5" whenever I go out heeling, was that if I wear 4" or less it does feel "low". I guess that's the answer right there ...

Curious, after you walk in your 6" heels for a while, what's it like when you go down to say 4" heels? Are you glad you're back to a height that (I assume) is easier to walk in, or do they feel almost too low now?

I'm happy for those who can achieve such heights and walk gracefully while wearing them. However, everybody has their own limits. Some feet and ankles just can't adjust to such heights without having to bend the knees to find balance. If 3" heels are as high as you feel comfortable with, then this is the best height for you. Sometimes a certain style of shoe will be more conducive to wearing greater heights, but these types are lucky and rare finds. The important part is that you are pleased with your appearance and enjoy the experience. Wearing heels is not a contest, it's a choice.

It's not a contest, and my post was not meant to be part of one (in case you thought this was the case). For me, I was just looking for challenges and trying to push my own limits.

For the longest time, I was just in the situation you are writing about: not being able to wear even 5" or slightly higher than that without bending my knees. However, as some folks here already pointed out, you can really "train" yourself to be able to walk with higher heels. I know there are even "heel training machines" out or devices that force your feet to a certain position, so that they can more easily do the bending necessary to walk in 6" heels or higher. For me, all what it took was to be patient and slowly go up higher, then walk as long as you can with the heels you just can wear. Those might be slightly higher than what you call "comfortable", but that's the idea. If you keep doing that, you'll find it less and less uncomfortable and will be able to push your limit higher. I think it's mainly about stretching your muscles.

I'm happy for those who can achieve such heights and walk gracefully while wearing them. However, everybody has their own limits. Some feet and ankles just can't adjust to such heights without having to bend the knees to find balance. If 3" heels are as high as you feel comfortable with, then this is the best height for you. Sometimes a certain style of shoe will be more conducive to wearing greater heights, but these types are lucky and rare finds. The important part is that you are pleased with your appearance and enjoy the experience. Wearing heels is not a contest, it's a choice.

I finally found that I manage now to walk pretty decently in 6" heels w/o PF. ... I guess I have to order the "Scream" heels now, as the next challenge :blinkbigeyes:

I suspect that you are joking, heelma, but if not you might be disappointed. There have been several adverse comments about the quality of Scream heels (e.g. heel snapping off). I suppose it does depend on your weight and shoe size - I guess you are not exactly sylphlike?

There was a clip on here some tyears ago of a male member walking around quite well in Screams, however.