Shoe Boxes

davidhayler

It depends on the circumstances. A lot of places sell in those folding white corrugated boxes. You buy a pair of thigh boots and they come through from the stockroom with a little box barely big enough for a pair of ankle boots. However, when they come through with a big long box it instantly gives an impression of quality. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. If I was selling the shoes you are I'd put them in good boxes but Clearance ones I'd send out in the cheaper boxes.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I personally store all my heels and boots in a climate and humidity controlled closet outside of their original packaging ,so the box is of little concern to me after i have obtained my shoes. When buying at a walk-in retail store the box need only endure the drive back to my home.However, the box is very important for receiving via post.

For example, i have received many pairs of shoes that are sent in ridiculously flimsy thin crappy boxes that barely survive the shipping process (and sometimes dont). So possibly two types of boxes are necessary: one nicely designed but lesser grade cardboard box for in-store retail sales (colors and logo of maker prominent on box) and another more utilitarian but durable box that can sustain the rigors of cross country/world shipment. Nothing is more disappointing than waitng several weeks or months for a shipment to arrive only to have the contents damaged by thoughtless packaging by the sender. Altough the quality of a pair of shoes is of paramount importance to me, the care (or lack of care) in shipment can sour my opinion of a seller and may deter me from future purchases.

I keep all my shoes in the original boxes. The design doesn't matter to me - but the quality of the board does - so if it's flimsy I usually visit my local shoe shops to obtain better ones - as many of them simply throw the boxes out.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I agree with the earlier statement that a high-quality box leaves a good impression, but to be honest, I seldom look at the boxes after I receive them, and many boxes get recycled or reused. I would say that for shipping, it matters to have a stiff enough box to survive the sometimes rigorous trip through the post.

I do consider the box and the condition of it when I buy a new pair of shoes but once they get home, the box is never used to store my shoes. I have built a large walk in closet with pristine white shelves to display my high heels. I will save the boxes from my Louboutins in case I ever choose to sell them. Same for my Choo's or Manolo's.

David, For me, a good quality box gives me confidence in the quality of what's inside. I would alway prefer a good quality shoe box, and would be prepared to pay just a little bit extra for it. Also, when taking your shots for your web site, include that good quality box, to give an overall more classy presentation. Spiker.