An Evening In My Boots

jmorv

I've noticed a few folks here sharing their experiences wearing heels in public, so I thought I would share mine. I'm out in Southern California for a while on assignment for work, so while out here, I did some shoe shopping and picked up a nice pair of THBs, which I haven't owned in quite a while. For the past week, I'd been getting in some practice walking around in them at my place, doing everyday chores, etc. I was rather pleased with the way they fit me and how a 5 inch heel worked for me for walking. Anywho, Friday night I took the plunge to walk around in public...well, not necessarily in broad daylight (I like to think of myself as a "stiletto vampire". :blinkbigeyes: I went out in the eve, when everything had die down for activity, got dressed in some warmer clothing consisting of a shirt, jeans, jacket. With the THBs and the jeans, it was a nice combo, slightly concealed but at first glance, you really wouldn't notice I was in heels. Yeah, I still have a shyness towards being spotted. I got in my car and started to drive around, taking in the nightlife and with that said, I had never driven a stick in heels, so this was a first! I got the hang of it (have to let your feet rest more on the heels or else you wind up speeding up and slowing down alot. Here's the funny part and a bit of a forewarning to those who want to go out in heels and being prepared....make sure you have enough gas in your vehicle. lol While driving, I noticed the gas gauge was rather low...very low actually and I was on the freeway at the time. I pulled off and began my search for a gas station. This was a bit difficult since I didn't know the area I was in, so I searched and searched. Not many places were open because of the time of night, but I got lucky and found a station, not to mention one that wasn't too busy so I didn't have to worry about drawing attention. I pulled up and got out. Immediately, I felt a bit awkward considering that i never filled up in heels (funny how we take so much for granted). While at the station, someone was in another bay filling up but I doubt they saw me, even though i was standing there admiring how i looked in my new boots. Ok, so i finished, returned to my vehicle and eventually found a nice, quiet place to park. So the thing about high heels that can be an immediate alert are their distinctive sounds on hard surfaces...some would refer to it as heel click. Well this place had just the right amount of acoustics to make that sound rather noticeable. I spent about 20 minutes or so walking around, slow and fast, getting more practice in. No one saw me that I know of, but I have to be honest, I felt liberated. To be outside in the world and even if no one saw me, I felt free and happy. Ok, long story short, I enjoyed myself and now that I made that accomplishment, it'll be time to create a new goal like being out in the daytime with heels on. I know a couple of local folks from back home that wear heels and would love to hook up with them...strength in numbers!

Congratulations Jmorv. I believe that California is a society that can be very openminded so I guess you will not have much problems. Just to tell you about my experience. I recently told my mother in law about my passion for high heeled boots. I tried showing her but she really didn't want to see them. After a few months I decided that I would wear them in my house whenever she was there. I did it and she didn't even mention them. That being said, I believe that most people won't notice and if they do they will not say a word about them. I hope you continue your heeling!!!!

Not to single out the populous of California and their open-mindedness for those who dress out of the ordinary, I know that everyone out here does try to make a statement with their looks. Hell, I was at a couple of malls over the past couple of weeks and I noticed the Goth-types walking around with so much makeup and piercings that no one gave a second look (although I had to, I notice the unusual, lol). On the flipside, you get those who look like they just stepped out of a fashion mag and again, no audience. At one mall, saw a teenage gal wearing 5inch stiletto plats and she was arm in arm with another gal. She was having a heck of a time walking in them and i had to say to myself "wow, I do better in 5 inches than her!!!). When I got back from my "trip", I kept saying to myself how wonderful it would be to walk around all the time, no matter where, wearing whatever I wanted, but I guess I still have latent thoughts of getting looks, drawing attention and not wanting to cause a scene. As I said, the sound you get from stilettos is unmistakable (I have a custom radar for that) and I always have to see who's wearing what. I think that's another aspect that i love about heels, the sound and how it relates to the shoe and the thrill i get from wearing them because it's me making the sound this time. :blinkbigeyes: Thanks again for your comments and words of encouragement. Again, if I could hang out with others who wear heels and if we are in public, i think my confidence level would kick up a notch. :pulsingheart:

When I got back from my "trip", I kept saying to myself how wonderful it would be to walk around all the time, no matter where, wearing whatever I wanted, but I guess I still have latent thoughts of getting looks, drawing attention and not wanting to cause a scene.

Thanks again for your comments and words of encouragement. Again, if I could hang out with others who wear heels and if we are in public, i think my confidence level would kick up a notch. :blinkbigeyes:

Not wanting to state the obvious, but what exactly do you think would happen if 10 guys all in heels were walking down the street together?

On your own, nobody will notice you, but people notice large groups all doing the same thing or "making the same noises" shall we say...

I'm very much like you, I'm not out to grab the worlds attention nor do I really need everybody staring at me either, thus I have more fun just doing my own thing. I'm seen more as an individual rather than part of some fetish group..

I went in to the garage today for 2 new tyres in jeans and 4" heels on full show and the mechanics walking about, there biggest concern was the missing chunks of rubber in my tyres walls and why the heck I'd inflated the tyres to 50psi

No stares, smirks, looks, giggles, nothing...... Same in Makro, felt almost invisible until the checkout woman asked me to pay for my goods... Same at the BP Wild bean, sainsburys, PC world, you get the picture...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

JMorv:-) Your on the right track in your public heeling. Like Teck says, you can successfully heel in public doing your daily chores in daylight or dark and enjoy ever minute. As you heel more that stiletto clicking sound will eventually become music to your ears as you discover that YOU are the one making the clicking sounds and your enjoyment factor will rise immediately to your great satisfaction. After all, they are just shoes, aren't they? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!