Walking in heels for charity

krazykev64

WALKING IN HEELS FOR CHARITY - PUTTING THE 'HE' INTO HEELS I am in the proceeds of organising a sponsored walk to take place in the UK to raise money for the Cancer Research UK charity. The walk will be 10 miles long and take place along the seafront path at Swansea South Wales. This is a safe route as there is minimal dangers except for a chance of a bit of sand that may of blown up during windy sessions. I have walked this route one way to complete a 5 mile walk in 7.5'' platforms and I had no problems and I had also never walked in heels beforehand. It was great fun and a lovely walk as well. The scenery is great. It would be a great opportunity for the shy heel wearers to walk in public knowing that they have the full support of the public. I had a fantastic response from the public on a previous fundraiser with no problems at all. It would be great if all men wore pink from head to toe as that is the colour of the charity. I would expect the walk to take around 8 hours taking it slowly. 5 miles took me 3.5hrs. There are toilets around every 2.5 miles. You will see that I have posted a modified photo. This is the beach that the walk is at. The steps are at the start point and the arrow points to Mumbles pier. This is 5 miles away so you then walk back to the start giving a total of 10 miles. If anyone is interested in taking part send me a private message along with any details that you want to know. A provisional date has been set for August 21st 2010. Hope to see lots of people and their heels. :cry1::smile::wave: KRAZY KEV

post-17818-133522899211_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have just had delivery of the heels that i will be wearing for my 10 mile walk. they are a pink pair of PLEASER DELIGHT 609LN'S. there was a fair delay as they had to come from america and it did not help that the delivery to me was delayed by the weather. anyway i am well pleased with them as they fit great and they are more comfortable than i thought. this must be down to the insoles being made from REAL pigs skin suede. they also feel a lot for stable to walk in as the platform is less than half the height of the pair im wearing in my avatar :cry1::smile::wave:

• 4 months later...

just to let everyone know that after a few problems with the sandals and the supplier im ready to go. the date of Saturday 21st August is now confirmed. fundraising has begun and is going well. the outfit is all done and dusted and most importantly the heels are comfortable and fit well. saying that i know for a deadcert that i will have a blister or 2 but that is expected when doing a crazy stunt like this. at the end of the day its for a very good cause and well worth the effort. bring on the marathon. hope you like my outfit. it should help in getting a bit of support on the walk. i even have a pink builders bucket that will be used to do a collection while on the walk. this will be rather heavy after 5 miles let alone 10 miles. i gues you all know by now why im called Krazy Kev LOL

post-17818-13352291514_thumb.jpg

I really want to organise my own event for this cause, not just to be able to wear heels, but also to have a reason for doing so. I mean, I have a reason for wearing heels out in public in the first place, but.... I think you know where I'm going with this. I searched it on Google, went to the site, and found out there was a Walk in a city not too far from here! Last year, unfortunately. Whoever held in must not have gotten much support for it :/

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Krazykev64, Great Idea Kev! I've often though we Britishers should follow the example of similar charity high-heel-walk events that are established elsewhere in the world. Well done! However, (and please understand that I'm being totally constructive about this), I think that Swansea is only likely to get well under half-a-dozen participants, because it's right out on a limb for the vast majority of UK heel-wearing guys. I know all this, because I've organised many previous heel-meets for the members of this forum in London, the South, the West, Wales, the Midlands and even Paris! For this charity heel walk (and especially as it's the first in the UK), I'd highly recommend having it somewhere MUCH more central to the whole of the UK like say, Oxford or Birmingham. I imagine it's probably a lot further for you personally to travel, but I think that for it to be successful it should be equally accessible for members from Scotland, Wales and England plus anyone keen enough to come over the water. As long as a suitable venue is sorted out, as a veteran member who's still street-heeling in public after 54 years, I'd love to take part!!! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!