Looking for Advice

Jen J

Hi all, I am looking for advice on a new career. Can you please see "The thread about Nothing" in the general chit chat forum. Of course when you have time. There are far more viewers here than there. And just to keep it Heel related also. My neighbor which I have known for 30 years, who is about 20 years older than me, commented on my black 5" pumps the other day and the promptly went out and bought a pair. She said that we will have matching shoes while walking the dogs. One more acceptance story and hopefully this will continue for all of us. Thanks, Jen J.

Hi all, I am looking for advice on a new career. Can you please see "The thread about Nothing" in the general chit chat forum. Of course when you have time. There are far more viewers here than there.

And just to keep it Heel related also. My neighbor which I have known for 30 years, who is about 20 years older than me, commented on my black 5" pumps the other day and the promptly went out and bought a pair.

She said that we will have matching shoes while walking the dogs. One more acceptance story and hopefully this will continue for all of us.

Thanks, Jen J.

When I began reading this post aboutyour neighbor that commented on your black 5" pump and then went right out and bought a pair, I don't know why but I expected your neighbor to be a "man" and was surprised when it turned out that the neighbor was a female. :cry1:

As for starting out in a new career path, with the economy in the state that it's in, if you have a job now, it might be a good thing to "keep" your day job while you search for another. One thing I do know, however, what ever field you are planing to change to, you had better be very well qualified from the get-go because the competition for any opening is fierce. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Piggybacking on Bubba136's advice, jump very carefully and plan strategically. Perhaps keep your present employment and go to school at night, or try to get work in the prospective field (paid or non-paid) to bolster your resume. You may also have to take a "temporary" step backwards salary wise. Good luck!

If going into wind energy heels may not be a good choice when climbing windmills.

That's all the advice I am qualified to give but trust me a pair of steel shanked work boots are best on ladders.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel