wanna buy 7'' highheels pumps

hhfan70

At one point in time, many catalogs would have considered those to be 5 inch heels. I remember the Montgomery Ward catalog showing how they measured the height of the heel by measuring from the floor, up the inside of the heel until it met the sole of the shoe. Now, it seems, it is as shown in this photo. I remember seeing a shoe style in the Gamble Aldens catalog called "skyscraper heels" which looked to be close to the 90 degree angle of the toe to arch and they were listed as 3 1/2 inches tall. These might have been a small size such as a 5M, but the size of the pictured item was not mentioned. A 2 1/4 inch heel was considered a "mid heel" height while a 2 7/8 inch heel was considered a "high heel." I wonder if it was a way not to "scare" ladies of heels being "too tall" for being reasonable. Today the height does not seem to intimidate and is a more accurate description of the "real" height. At 7 inches, I think that it would be very difficult not to be intimidated at the thought of trying to walk with any gracefulness of movement. Just being able to balance with the knees extended would be difficult for most. Good luck to those who do dare to try and succeed in wearing that height and angle. :cry1:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

At 7 inches, I think that it would be very difficult not to be intimidated at the thought of trying to walk with any gracefulness of movement. Just being able to balance with the knees extended would be difficult for most. Good luck to those who do dare to try and succeed in wearing that height and angle. :cry1:

Take a good look at the pumps in my avatar. One pair of black patent pumps (identical to the pair in the pair in the picture (with the ruler) ) and the other black calfskin, both pair made by LSB and both pair with 7" heels. And, they are killers to try to walk in. They fit my US Woman's size 10½ kind of snug. But I can wear them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

At one point in time, many catalogs would have considered those to be 5 inch heels. I remember the Montgomery Ward catalog showing how they measured the height of the heel by measuring from the floor, up the inside of the heel until it met the sole of the shoe. Now, it seems, it is as shown in this photo.

That seems crazy to me...how would you measure wedges for example?!

:cry1:

Spiker.

That seems crazy to me...how would you measure wedges for example?!

:cry1:

Spiker.

I always wondered that also about wedges. I agree the method that seems to be used today is more consistant than the way shown in the catalog. There were times of the "setback" heel style and heavy block heels all having a different alignment point. To me the only accurate is a line perpendicular from the top of the heel to the floor. :wave:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Hi all,i love 7''highheels pumps very much,no platform,where and how can i buy them?Can you help me?

Thanks

Ok, here's a link to some similar shoes in Patent Leather. (Larger sizes are 5€ more.)

Here's the same shoe in Black Leather. (Ditto on the Larger sizes.)

For a size 41 EU, the site lists the heel height at 16cm, which is 6.3". For size 46, they list it at 17cm, or 6.7". Not quite a full 7" but it's about the closest I've seen anywhere that's still making shoes.

The site is in German, but they do a decent job of helping English speakers navigate the site. The shoes appear to be made in Italy, but I don't own a pair so I can't attest to the quality. I would hope, for the price, they would be well made. And most importantly, the site seems to be active and they reply to their emails.

I'd suggest LeatherWorks of London, but they don't seem to be in business anymore. I tried to email them, but got an "Undeliverable" reply. Good luck to you.

P.S. It seems they also make those shoes with a Red Heel and Blue Heel. And if you're looking for something a bit cheaper, you might be able to find some Ellie brand shoes with a 6-6.5" heel (try searching for 8260 style.) You might also try looking for Hollywood Heels brand shoes.

P.P.S. I just found this site while using The Google. It's called www.bananashoes.com. Their size selection seems to be somewhat limited, but perhaps they'd be able to order the size you need.

P.P.P.S. You might also try this thread.

HHFAN70,

When I buy shoes for the wife I usually go to;

http:www.thehighestheel.com or http:www.hollywoodheels.com

Mind you Hollywood heels had a fire a while ago and haven't been up to full inventory since.

I'v also tried

Snaz75.com and jante.com

Cheers