Where's Squirrel?

Anyone know what has happened to Squirrel? I miss his input on this board. The last time he posted was 28th April and unless I've missed something can't find anywhere to say he was leaving us. Any clues?

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Here's squirrel :wink: Francis messaged me on MSN today... I am still alive, so worry not about that. And I'm in perfectly good health too, which is a blessing often over looked. My reason for my absence of late is that I've just not been finding the time to post. I find that when I'm posting in full swing it takes up a lot of my time. I spend enough time on the computer as it is, and I'm trying not to spend so much time on it and more time with friends etc. I've had a lot on with college work, which has eaten my time. When I finish working at 10pm at night, I just don't have the motivation to sit there for another few hours until I collapse, and I'm trying to get more sleep... a tired squirrel doesn't jump between trees to well.... I have exams coming up in the next few weeks too :D My work got the extent where I spent a week offline from MSN etc (which is a miracle for me... the last 16 months there hasn't been a day gone by without me online), purely because I had so much work to do... I've had a lot on socially too... somehow my social activity has increased (not sure how!!). I now have a new love in my life, a lovely blonde girl I happen to know back from infant/primary school. We both had a crush on each other back then (age 7!!!!), and it's finally come into fruition... so I'm spending quite a lot of time with her. I think I've mentioned her before actually. She has no problem with my heels, she accepts it as normal, which is great :D Unfortunately her heel wearing isn't happening atm, she recently sprained her ankle in karate and finds even standing in heels painful, let alone walking, but I'm sure she'll heal (or heel) up eventually! So... I am still around and I'll try to post when I can find the time... Unfortunately this will probably put a temporary brake on my bid for beating Francis to 1500 posts... *sigh* Time to catch up methinks... *takes a deep breath and a few cups of coffee* SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

back from a 10 days trip with a friend to eastern Austria (climbing in the Rax mountains and visiting the beautiful Vienna) I'm glad that you are not completely missed. I took already into account to alarm the mountain rescue service :D Nice to hear that you met a man-on-heels-tolerant girl. But pay attention that you don't loose your top position in posting :wink: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I'm glad you are still around I was missing you. Even happier that you have found yourself someone special to take up your time :wink::D Hope the studies go well. Love Julie xxx

Let calm be widespread

Julietta, I consider your post a very endearing and kind "action"(move(?)). -Either you have a crush going for Squirrel, or else you just happen to be a very nice person... -Anyhow, I hope someone having your spirit is around the day when I might drop out of sight. My very best regards, TallSwede

Isn't it nice (and even exceptional on this board) to read a posting from somebody just caring about somebody else. I wish most postings showed some sentiments instead of the harsh and business tones usually displayed. Call me a softy if you want but I just like to be handled that way.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Luke and TallSwede thanks. Well I haven't a crush on Squirrel :wink: I just liked his input on the board, even when he gets those whiskers twitchy :D He's a great character like so many people on this board. Smudge is another one that has been missing for a while and I do miss his input too :D Also Suzyheels, she was here and enthused for a while, and has now left us. Lauries diaries too... It's sad when certain people suddenly disappear with or without warning especially when they have made looking into this board a varied and interesting place to be. I guess I just hate change especially when I feel it. Thanks again guys you are special too. Lots of love Julie xxxxxx

Let calm be widespread

Indeed, well said julietta. This isa community, and it's all of the people here that make it what it is. (And SQ, I'd missed you too, but noticed you were on-line a lot :wink: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Nice to see you are back on the board and writing with vigour Squirrel :wink:

Let calm be widespread

Well I dunno about you, but I write using my fingers and a keyboard! :wink: I can't promise keeping it up for long... It's likely it'll be sporadic for the moment... distractions always seem to be looming round the corner! I'm sure you know what I mean! SH

I can't promise keeping it up for long... It's likely it'll be sporadic for the moment... distractions always seem to be looming round the corner! I'm sure you know what I mean!SH

I've no idea, Squirrel. Feel free to explain (or indeed, 'heel free to explain', which is what I typed the first time. Is there a psychoanalyst in the house?)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Well I dunno about you, but I write using my fingers and a keyboard! :wink:

:rofl:

Well it's nice to have you and your dry wit back.

Jx

Let calm be widespread

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Yam, I'm no psycoanalist (or however you spell those stupid psycotic words)... Although to explain myself a little further I would say things like parents nagging me to go to bed, films that have to be watched, ebay items to be bid on, time spent with girlfriend, very busy with church things at the moment... I'm definitely enjoying it all... I could just do with a few more moments (and appropriate reminders) to keep up to date with this place. *sigh* such is life. SH

Well I know what you mean SH. Sometimes I find myself having time to post a lot, sometimes I just drift out of it. Personal life has always got to take first place over bulletin boards, but they do fill a useful gap at many times.

OK, perhaps pedantry on my part, but why would you want a *useful* gap filled? I love being here on the board, meeting people and sharing news, etc. True, I'd rather be having face to face conversations, but the board and everyone here is where ever I am, and whenever I have time. It's a good anchor for me as I blaze about the countryside!

OK, perhaps pedantry on my part, but why would you want a *useful* gap filled?

Yup, definitely pedantry... Although I see your point. Of course you realised what Firefox meant to say was that it is a useful gap-filler :wink:

SH

Yup, definitely pedantry... Although I see your point. Of course you realised what Firefox meant to say was that it is a useful gap-filler :wink:

SH

Well, yes, just couldn't resist a chance for a gentle tease, that's all!

And an excuse for tott(er)ing up more posts to reach 1500!!!

SH

Me?!? I feel - what's the word? Oh yeah, 'rumbled' :wink: