Introducing: Me!

Hello to everybody!, I'm a 32 years old man from Mexico and I'm very glad I've found this website; for years I've been wondering why we men are not "allowed" to wear high heels shoes, nevertheless some men's boots carry what can be considered as such. I also like flats, like maryjanes or what are called in Spanish "manoletinas" (kind of toreador shoes). I have bought some men's shoes - adult sized - designed as maryjanes, and a few opera pumps as well, though I would like to find the kind of maryjanes many of us have seen depicted as vintage kids shoes (I myself had various pairs of Christian Dior's when I was a tyke), like those sported by Buster Brown, or the old court pumps some relate to Little Lord Fauntleroy. I must make clear in no way I'm talking about some type of "kiddie costume" but I've seen many old photographs and paintings where adults wear shoes of the maryjane/opera pump type or high heeled ones, and to my point of view they look quite classy and elegant. A problem in my country is the very limited sizing of ladies shoes, and I have not found a conversion chart. Glad to be part of this community!.

Can't you find the style of shoes that you are looking for on the Internet? And, then purchase them and have them posted to you where you live?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Greetings quidam! Welcome to HH Place, the best place for Heeling info, contacts and discussion. I noticed many heeling women in Mexico but did not realize it is hard to find shoes for you there. Hope you can find some info for you here. Enjoy the site, Mtnsofheels

Hi folks, As Bubba advised, I've been lurking in the net, looking after many shoe models I would like to have and wear, but then there is this problem: Mexico follows a propietaire standard adhering to no international convention on shoe sizing - for what I know. Then converting our "numbers" to some other coding can be a real nigthmare; and you also have to deal with the width thing!. In my country, "ladies shoes" (high heels, flats and such) come in very limited sizing, thus reducing the chances for taller guys like me to simply go buying them at the store. I would like to get some advise from other mexican high-heelers who would like to share their experiences (I use a mexican 8-8.5) and of course I'm eager to learn from this great community!.

There are, as you might already be aware, Quidam, several other members of hhplace that live in Mixco. One of the most knowledgeable that I've chatted with is a guy with the nic of raponchigo.

As near as I can recall, raponchigo lived in the Mexico City area. He hasn't been active for 3 or 4 months, but I would guess that he would eventually respond to any inquiries you made to him concerning sizing and styles available.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, reading many posts I've realized there are two users from Mexico, and sent a message to only one. I imagine there are more so I opened a group called "Heelspanoamerica" for all those users from Mexico, Latin-america, or hispanophones. Spanish is preferred in the messages sent to this group, and everybody is welcome!.

Many thanks Dawn!. Before I posted a single message I passed various days reading the contest of many threads, and found this site much more interesting of what I could imagine at first sight. I wish to congratulate and thank the "main board" for building this community and hope many hispanophones come join here too.