Butopia

Let me take you to the little known middle European state of Butopia. This article is culled from reports in the Butopia Times newspaper but for the benefit of our colonial friends I have converted the metric terms to imperial. One of the laws of this state is that everyone must wear high heeled footwear. Men must wear boots with three inch heels and women must wear shoes or boots with four inch heels. Children are expected to wear heeled shoes to prepare them for adulthood. Another law forbid the wearing of trousers by both men and women. The men had to wear heavy knee length leather skirts with pleats at the back, rather like a kilt held up by wide studded leather belts. Women were permitted lighter skirts and more lady like belts. But, of course, the younger people wanted change. Both men and women wanted to be able to wear higher heels and shorter skirts. The Elders of the Governing Council were concerned at this development and refused to allow any change in the law. There were demonstrations with men wearing six inch stiletto heels and short skirts. Women were teetering on eight inch ballet shoes and very short miniskirts. The Elders were horrified and agreed to a compromise. Men could wear four inch heels and women could go up to six inches. Mens skirts could be finger tip length and womens could be thumb length. This stopped the demonstrations but there were still murmerings of discontent especially amongst the men. In the end equality reigned and men could wear six inch heels and shorter skirts. To be continued !!!

What a draconian state! It is one thing to wear skirts and heels because you want to and quite another to be forced to by the state. I'm betting that they meet secretly to wear flats and I very much doubt anyone would seriously campaign to wear higher heels and shorter skirts! As for crippling the kids for life, I'm surprised the UN doesn't intervene... I'm wondering where they're going to hold their WFM! lol Nice story though!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Does anyone Remember The Two Ronnies. They had a on going storyline set in England in the future. Where men had to wear dresses by law and if they wanted to do men stuff they had to hold secret meetings. In the end they escape to Wales. Sounds like a good future to me! The serial was called The Worm That Turned. Worth watching on you tube

• 2 months later...