Howdy from Texas

I'm quite happy to find this site! I've been buying and wearing high heels for almost 20 years. I have over 100 pairs and I'm always looking for more. There is nothing much to compare with the feeling of your bare foot sliding into that heel! ;)

Welcome to hhplace, Gary ;) Always great to have another member from Texas. Most of us here also love to wear high heels, too. You're in good company. And, I'm sure there's bound to be other members from Texas living near you. We're all looking forward to reading of your adventures while in heels. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thank you for the warm welcome Bubba136 and Dawn HH! It's nice to be among like minded folks. I tried on my first heels when I was 12 years old. My sister had moved out of the house but had left some of her things in a closet. There were 4 pairs of heels. All were leather pumps, heel heights from 2" to 3". The shoes were a size 9, which fit me at the time. The style was reminiscent of what Jackie Kennedy wore during the White House years. When I first found these shoes and tried on each pair, the excitement was almost unbearable! I had never felt such a feeling before. Walking in them was actually very easy for me from that first day. From then on, I wore the shoes around the house discretely whenever my parents were not home. I did this for a year or two and life moves on and other activities took me away from high heels. Fast forward 17 years later. I met a girl from Cleveland, Ohio (I lived in Penna at the time). I went to Ohio to meet her and to go to a Robert Palmer concert (the all girl back-up band was not with him that night...what a disappointment). After the concert, it was late so I stayed over at the GF's apartment. We parted ways about 2 years later and I wonder sometimes what she's up to. From then on, I have maintained my heels interest. When I met my SO about 10 years later, I did not tell her up front about my passion for heels. I realize this is a mistake and I wanted to be truthful but at the time I did not want to risk losing her over it. After about a year, I bought her a french maid outfit with some very tall baby doll pumps. She dressed up for me that night and we had a great time. I told her I really liked her outfit, especially her shoes. I told her I might buy her some other shoes for our playtime together. One day I brought home some new heels for her and... a larger pair for me (she's a size 5, I'm a size 12). I said I wanted to try them to see why women like wearing high heels. We had a lot of fun that night. Almost 9 years later we're still buying heels. My SO is OK with me wearing all my heels around the house. If we go out, she'll put up with me wearing a medium wedge or sandal, but no tall heels to attract attention.. In all fairness to her, although we live in a large metropolitan area, the people I work with are for the most part very conservative. She is afraid there could be repercussions at work somehow. Oh well, we'll get there eventually. Thank y'all again for the welcome.

In all fairness to her, although we live in a large metropolitan area, the people I work with are for the most part very conservative. She is afraid there could be repercussions at work somehow.

Gary, given the state of our economy and the difficulty in finding work these days, I really believe it isn't worth doing anything that might antagonize the people that sign your pay check. Take it cool and thank the powers to be that you have a girlfriend/wife/significant other that accepts you in heels. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Gary. I am 10 years more than you and I live a similar experience than you from my childhood. Now my wife accept my heels while they are not showy or not atracct attention. Similar situation I live in my work, in spite of being an independent consultant, but I know that the person that one cheers up to use, in this very conservative atmosphere, will have problems. Then I limite the use of the heels in my house and out in ocassional days. Thank you for your history and sorry for my english. Horace 505

I'm quite happy to find this site! I've been buying and wearing high heels for almost 20 years. I have over 100 pairs and I'm always looking for more. There is nothing much to compare with the feeling of your bare foot sliding into that heel! ;)

Welcome to HHP from another living in Texas. Hope it cools off here or it's going to be a very long HOT summer.