Group Idea

AZShoeNut

Howdy, I mentioned in a couple places that I am interested in starting a group for guys that like to wear heels in the Phoneix area. If this is something that would interest you in your area what would it look like to you. I read an article about a mayor in Oregon who cross dresses. He went several years hiding it and then after not getting re-elected he really let who he was come out. He went to a support group and ultimately began cross dressing in public. Now he has been re-elected as the Mayor of a small town in Oregon. My thought was that if a support group can help a guy be his own person so strongly that he could be elected mayor and continue to dress as a gal that a group like this would be great for guys that like to wear heels. The problem here is that there just are not any groups like that - at least around here. I think that a group could look like a place to support each other like the support that we all give and get (thank you for yesterday's support) when we take our first steps outside would be great. I also think that a group that can help out the guys who still beat themselves up (buy shoes, throw them away, and worry would be an example) over this experience would be good. Additionally a group that can come up with ideas and facilitate ways to wear heels out and about more often is a part of the group that I would like to see - social events etc. So please share any ideas that you might have. Thanks, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I'm for group participation, if there are possibilities to do so. It all depends on the local heelers willingness to offer their continued support. Are there any ideas of what to do besides showing up wearing their chosen heels?

Are there any ideas of what to do besides showing up wearing their chosen heels?

That is exactly what I am looking for. Ideas so that a group is not just sit down and then look around and wonder what did I show up for. :-) I just feel like a group would be a great idea however I don't really have the ideas or the know how to make a group successful. I am hoping that others might have ideas that we could take off and run with and perhaps make a successful group. It would be great if out of this came a group that was such a good vibe that it really became something. Perhaps something even transformative for guys wearing heels in general. And if this idea doesn't turn into anything then okay but I don't want to just have another idea that slips away without taking any action.

Thanks,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Why not start out with a conventional heel meet? Announce a time and place to meet for lunch or supper, and then go shoe shopping at a mall afterward for a couple of hours. That's what we did in Canton last year, and it worked out great. We had lunch at a local restaurant, went across the street to a DSW shoe store, then over to an upscale mall where we poked into the stores, had a snack, and browsed until our feet got tired. It was a fun afternoon and we enjoyed getting to know each other. We're going to do it again July 11. Once you get people together and see if there is good compatibility, you can take it further, and maybe meet at somebody's home for drinks or a BBQ or whatever. You'll figure it out. Good Luck, and if I'm ever in your area, I'll contact you to join the group. GWL

I live in San Diego,CA but if I still have a job next year would love to head over and have a great day shopping and dinner other heel lovers. It would be great if there was a group here in Southern calif. too.

Why not start out with a conventional heel meet? Announce a time and place to meet for lunch or supper, and then go shoe shopping at a mall afterward for a couple of hours. That's what we did in Canton last year, and it worked out great. We had lunch at a local restaurant, went across the street to a DSW shoe store, then over to an upscale mall where we poked into the stores, had a snack, and browsed until our feet got tired. It was a fun afternoon and we enjoyed getting to know each other. We're going to do it again July 11.

Once you get people together and see if there is good compatibility, you can take it further, and maybe meet at somebody's home for drinks or a BBQ or whatever. You'll figure it out.

Good Luck, and if I'm ever in your area, I'll contact you to join the group.

GWL

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!