Hi all, I'm Carolee

Hi Everyone, As this is my first meeting, please excuse the nerves. I love heels - mens shoes are just sooo boring! It is great to have found a forum with like-minded shoe nuts. I live in Massechusets and have only once ventured out in public in heels - stiletto boots under long jeans. As this was my first time out, it was probably not a good idea to try to step confidently past the greeters at Wal-Mart onto their nice, shiny, smooth floor. I nearly kissed that floor, but managed to 'gracefully' recover (and took much daintier steps after that). My pride was injured, but my ankles were intact. Possibly practice would make perfect? ;) Looking forward to spending time here! Carolee

Welcome to hhplace, Carolee ;) Quickest way to call attention to one's self, high heels or no, it to fall down. Been there, done that. More than once. :penitent: We're looking forward to learning more about your desire to ear high heels and about your adventures while wearing them. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome to the forum Carolee! Awesome first outing too, what a baptism of fire!

Thanks, Doc! It was also a lesson in choosing the shoes carefully. I have since endeavored to conduct test-runs on various surfaces before venturing forth (just never had the inclination to following the last incident - these heel things ARE tricky after all!)

:-)

Carolee:-) Those slippery floors can get you from time to time. I also have to take smaller more careful steps on them until I can gain some carpet and get back into gear from there. We all have been through that I'm sure, even the ladies. Welcome to the Forum. Block heels may give you a better traction on those kind of floors over spiked heels, although I'm also a fan of stiletto, pointy-toed shoes. Can't beat the looks and feel of them on your feet. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!