Bought A Skort

JeffB

Yesterday, out of curiosity, I bought a skort while at JC Penney. I had heard about them but hadn't brought myself to take the plunge and check out out for myself before now. And since they were only $14.99, I figured, why not? I bought one in navy and it came with a matching fabric belt, but I didn't like it and replaced it with a standard leather belt when I tried it on at home, at 18 inches long, it was pleasingly short, showing off my long legs to perfection, and the double leg openings beneath made for quite a revelation, and without underwear, it was quite comfortable, sorta like wearing built in boxers. Heh! Oh, yeah, I found that I could sit in the skort without feeling self-conscious like I would in a standard miniskirt. Anyhoo, I plan on taking the skort out for a spin as part of a casual outfit and see what happens when I mingle with the masses.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Greatings JeffB :-)

A skirt with built-in underwear ?

I hope you don't mind if I use your expression from your other post: "My, my! How interesting!"

I also learned a new word today: a skort. (Now searching what is the French equivalent for that)

As you said, it must be quite comfortable.

Now the question is: Should I find out by myself if it is true or not (take the plunge ;))

Actually they have built in shorts you should still wear underwear with them. I have three of these and they are very comfortable . I do understand that you would not want to wear boxers with them because they would get bunched up. But to each his own...

have to say i don't like skorts. i can only think of one positive idea for them, that being when you want the appearance of a skirt but may be in some physically challenging activity that might compromise your dignity. but as an old friend told me: "when wearing a skirt, always wear underwear you don't mind others being able to see".

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

• 3 weeks later...

danielp6406, i swear to god, i am gonna steal your avatar. now, how do i wear an avatar?!?

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

danielp6406, i swear to god, i am gonna steal your avatar. now, how do i wear an avatar?!?

(Note: I don't want to hijaak this thread but I need to reply to r1g0r and attach a picture to my post)

Greatings r1g0r :-)

I guess you like the boots in my avatar isnt-it ? (BTW: stealing is a very bad thing to do ;))

Unfortunately, the only way to "wear my avatar" would be for you to buy a pair...

I purchased them last fall from Aldo Shoes. The model name is "Taggart"

They are still available but only in size 37 for now (Other sizes are sold out: Guess why...)

See this link http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/boots/ankle-boots/69712137-taggart/97

If you check their website again next fall, they may have them again in all sizes. (Send them a message ?)

To help you "apreciate" them more, see below a picture of me wearing them a few minutes ago...;)

I wish you good luck finding them !

post-14338-133522886865_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, out of curiosity, I bought a skort while at JC Penney...

Yesterday it was very hot and humid and I remembered about your post here...

Now it is my turn: I bough a skort at Wal-Mart ! It is dark blue denin material and over the knee.

To my surprise, it is very light and extremely comfortable.

And you know what ? I looked in the mirror and I think I look good in it !

(For the shoes, I was wearing my brown gladiator's sandals)

Thanks to you I will not sweat anymore !

Now the question is: Will I shave my legs so the look is even better ? ;)

Yesterday it was very hot and humid and I remembered about your post here...

Now it is my turn: I bough a skort at Wal-Mart ! It is dark blue denin material and over the knee.

To my surprise, it is very light and extremely comfortable.

And you know what ? I looked in the mirror and I think I look good in it !

(For the shoes, I was wearing my brown gladiator's sandals)

Thanks to you I will not sweat anymore !

Now the question is: Will I shave my legs so the look is even better ? ;)

Glad to have been of service, my friend! Hope you enjoy your skort for a long time. As for shaving, well, give it a try and see what happens. I think you'll enjoy that too!

As for shaving, well, give it a try and see what happens. I think you'll enjoy that too!

This is what women are also telling me so I will give it a try for sure !

BTW, looks like a long time since your last post about your outings.

I guess you have nothing new to report. You almost tried it all isnt-it ? (Good for you !)

And in the summer, we are busy doing other stuff...

Always nice to read your "jaunt" in this forum.

BTW, looks like a long time since your last post about your outings. Always nice to read your "jaunt" in this forum.

Well, be ure to swing by the "Jaunts" thread to read about my latest outing! In a way, YOU inspired the outfit I wore, well, part of it anyway! Heh!

Well, be ure to swing by the "Jaunts" thread to read about my latest outing! In a way, YOU inspired the outfit I wore, well, part of it anyway! Heh!

I read your post and I am really flatered that you mentioned my name.

Specialy when it come from a "precursor" like you !

FYI, I shaved my legs (Spray on hair removal cream. BTW this stuff is great: No scratch from razor blade !)

And again you were right when you said "I would enjoy it".

It is hard to describe but it feels very "light" and smooth. The look is much "cleaner" with the skort too.

I went outside and the first thing I noticed is that I don't feel the wind the same way on my legs as before.

(I didn't realized until now how important hair on legs and arms are to feel the wind...Strange isnt-it?)

I will keep my legs shaved all summer long for sure ;)

I read your post and I am really flatered that you mentioned my name. Specialy when it come from a "precursor" like you !

Hey! I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due!

FYI, I shaved my legs (Spray on hair removal cream. BTW this stuff is great: No scratch from razor blade !) And again you were right when you said "I would enjoy it".

It is hard to describe but it feels very "light" and smooth. The look is much "cleaner" with the skort too. I went outside and the first thing I noticed is that I don't feel the wind the same way on my legs as before.

Glad to read that you took my advice and enjoyed the experience. Lighter, smoother, you described it perfectly, my friend, and during this time of the year, you'll also find that your legs feel cooler and more comfortable, enhancing the overall experience.

I will keep my legs shaved all summer long for sure ;)

Good for you! Have fun!

Danielp6406:-) If you think that your legs feel great now since you shaved them, try wearing pantyhose when the weather gets cooler after shaving. The feeling is incredible. I can wear pantyhose all year around, some can't. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

By all means, keep us appraised. I think that once you go out, you'll enjoy the experience.

Danielp6406:-)

...If you think that your legs feel great now since you shaved them, try wearing pantyhose...

The feeling is incredible...Cheers---Dawn HH

You were absolutely right... ;)

By all means, keep us appraised. I think that once you go out, you'll enjoy the experience.

What a difference wearing pantyhouse with shaved legs...;)

I did not go out wearing them yet (Too warm and humid) but I will next fall for sure.

You were absolutely right... ;)

What a difference wearing pantyhouse with shaved legs...;)

I did not go out wearing them yet (Too warm and humid) but I will next fall for sure.

I used to be rather self-conscious about being in public without hosiery as I didn't think my legs looked good without it, but I've since overcome that little concern, now I enjoy being barelegged as it's great fun. I'm sure you'll discover that as well.

• 1 month later...

Greatings JeffB and tallguyinheels :-)

Thank you for the positive words in the other thread.

Today I went to work wearing my new skirt with flip-flops (and I am still alive...:))

The girl at the reception was the first one to see me and asked

"Is that a skirt ?" (said yes)

With a funny smile she asked "Did you buy it in the men's department ?" (said no)

If I read between the lines, I think I understand what she really meant... (She doesn't approve)

I know she is OK when I wear heels but it looks like she is not when I wear a skirt...

(Imagine her reaction If I was wearing a skirt with heels !!!)

Not a word and no reaction from the other co-workers.

And a few head turns in the parking lot...

Note that I would have to drive many miles in order not to be recognized

by anyone in a shopping center (Unless I wear a hat and sunglasses... :) )

I am just beginning to see how comfortable and "fun" it was wearing a skirt all do.

(JeffB: you were right again...)

It was the first time and I garantee it won't be the last.

danielp6406: Bravo to you on your outing in a skirt. Wasn't as frightful as you imagined, was it? Sounds like you had an enjoyable time, and I'm guessing you can't wait to do it again. Just one small criticism about your outfit: flip-flops? UGH! This is just me, but I can't stand those horrid things! If you're nervous about wearing heels with your skirt, then go with sneakers or low-heeled loafers like I do. Just a suggestion.

JeffB :-)

You are right: Wearing my skirt to work wasn't as frightful as I imagined.

Maybe that was because I knew my co-workers already saw me wearing heels before.

(I was still extremely nervous about the kind of reaction I would get...)

And it was "FUN" wearing it too. (First time I am having "fun" wearing a piece of clothing)

It's hard to explain. Wearing a sirt was kind of "refreshing".

But wearing a skirt and heels in general public need more "getting used to" and I am not there yet.

(And I'm sure it would be a lot more "fun" too !)

BTW, I simply cannot wear shoes barefooted (men's of women's shoes) except sandals of flip-flops.

And I was not "ready" to wear my HH sandals fully exposed with the skirt.

This is why that day my only choice left was the flip-flops.

I will have to try those small nylon socks which just cover the feet.

(Don't know the proper name for these socks but I'm sure you know what I mean)

Will give it a try with sneakers or low heels next time I wear the skirt again...

danielp6406: Glad to read that you enjoyed your outing. In the beginning when experiencing new and different things, there is a certain fear of the unknown, of having no idea what to expect and worrying if that would wreck a particular adventure. But when you go out on that adventure and the world doesn't come crashing to a quick and violent halt, you can't help but chuckle at your own apprehension, think how foolish it was to have acted the way you had. Heaven knows that very thing has, at one time or another happened to EVERYONE here, whether it's a first time out in heels, or in a skirt, or in both like me. You just have to go out and do it! Plain and simple. Now that you've got popped your public skirting cherry, I'm sure you can't wait to wear one out again! If you do, please tell us all about it!

JeffB: Be sure that when I wear my skirt again, I will send a post to tell about it. But the temperature here is already cooler than it was only a few days ago. Maybe the only way to stay warm will be to wear my skirt with nylons ? :) ( Hmmm....I am not ready to do that in public yet....:) )

JeffB:

Be sure that when I wear my skirt again, I will send a post to tell about it.

But the temperature here is already cooler than it was only a few days ago.

Maybe the only way to stay warm will be to wear my skirt with nylons ? :)

( Hmmm....I am not ready to do that in public yet....:) )

Well, this is just me because I've done it a few times, but there's nothing wrong with wearing hosiery, if it keeps your legs warm in your neck of the woods, then, by all means go for it. I would think that if people notice anything, it'd be the skirt first and hosiery second, if then. Try to find a shade that best matches your skin tone, that way I believe you would be more comfortable while you get used to hosiery. If I can do it, then anyone can.

Well, this is just me because I've done it a few times, but there's nothing wrong with wearing hosiery, if it keeps your legs warm in your neck of the woods, then, by all means go for it. I would think that if people notice anything, it'd be the skirt first and hosiery second, if then. Try to find a shade that best matches your skin tone, that way I believe you would be more comfortable while you get used to hosiery. If I can do it, then anyone can.

Thanks about the advice on hoseiry color. (I learned another new word here: "hoseiry"...)

I am seriously thinking about it but it takes a lot of courage to do it in public...

For you, it seems so easy and natural !

There is one of your expression I don't understand: "in your neck of the woods"

Can you please elaborate ?

I am seriously thinking about it but it takes a lot of courage to do it in public...For you, it seems so easy and natural !

Thanks for the compliment. Well, it's easy enough for me since I've worn hosiery in public enough times before. It's not as frightening as one would think, I mean, you've already worn a skirt, so adding pantyhose to the mix shouldn't be all that more difficult if it's done right. You just have to ready yourself to the challenge and do it. I know that sounds overly simplistic, but that's the only way to handle such a situation.

There is one of your expression I don't understand: "in your neck of the woods"

Can you please elaborate ?

Sure thing. Just a bit of slang for "your neighborhood", for where you live.