The extra height

HHfanatic

I am 5'6" and wife is 5'4". She likes to wear heels when we go anywhere but also prefers me to be either a little taller or the same height so I let her choose what heels she would like me to wear when we go out. If I don't wear mine, she doesn't wear her's. Do the math.lol

real men wear heels

As a 'short-arse', there is a practical benefit in me wearing heels. I have certainly benefited from wearing them at a couple of 'standing-room only' gigs. Alas, this practicality had to be offset against the discomfort of standing in heels for 2+ hours. Will still be doing it again sometime though ;)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I only really notice that I am wearing High Heels when working in the kitchen as everything appears that much lower, I should mention that I am 6ft 1 so am not on the short side to start with......so it is stranger with them on than off in that situation....but anywhere else I don't notice.

btw can anybody convert 1.82m into feet and inches...odd how we measure heels in inches but most everything else in the metric system??

Regards

Billy

182 cm = 6'0" (not that I'm math smart or anything, I just used tallwomen.org chart) I am 6'3" (which is 190cm) and I can look on the top of my tall fridge without heels:) 3" heels would put me at 6'6" (198cm) and I dread that height not even mentioning 4" heels... And measurements are funny. Measuring heels in inches is probably more convenient, because it gives nice round number and height is more convenient to measure in centimeters because its more accurate (thats my guess) Not sure about now, but when I visited europe TVs and computer monitors were measured in inches, VHS tapes had length written in cm and ft, yet in USA VHS tapes had length written in cm only, go figure...

Hi shoegirl

Many thanks for the information...we are strange here in the UK we still measure road distance in miles but we buy gasoline (petrol) by the litre...there are loads of other instances...like you go to a butchers shop and buy meat by the kilo...yet you buy a quarter pounder burger at a popular fast food outlet.....nice to hear from you

regards

Billy

Being 5"8 i quite like being that little taller in heels. Just a shame i only see this alone in the house. Anyone here had shoes with lifts? i saw that add on here and some of them looked 100% normal while others did look quite as good.......

I'm 5'9½" and I prefer the few extra inches wearing heels...

Shoegirl :-)

I always wished I would be a few inches taller. So I would only take 3" from your height.

This way we would be the same height while wearing our heels ;)

Now the question is: How do we proceed ? (Not an easy task indeed...)

HHfanatic :-)

I like your reply

Personally, I would trade my size 41 feet for a pair of size 40 feet.

Result would be way more choice in the store...

But I still consider myself lucky wearing size 11.

2.54 cm = 1"

182 cm / 2.54 = 71.65" = 5 ft 11-3/8 inches