Sounds like fun

wetwillie

That sounds to me like a scam!

The REAL Walk a Mile in Her Shoes website is here: http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/

There is no need to donate to participate, and donations can be made in any amount.

NO REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED (certainly not for money).

Having said that, donations are appreciated, and benefit various local women's organizations. Some walkers obtain pledges based on quarter-mile, or tenths, often showing some daringly high heels as they go around gathering pledges. Naturally, they have to walk the walk...

Which I think most of the members of this forum would be quite good at accomplishing!

Again, for the real deal, including an online calendar of dates and locations, see the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes website, here: http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/

I took another look at the Clothes That Work link, and it appears the registration is for the CTW stuff, not the WAMIHS stuff.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Thanks for bringing this scam to our attention. I'm interested in a "walk a mile in heels" event when it is available locally. Getting the pledge support for walking also sounds like it could be a public eye opener as well as an enjoyable way to meet local business people. Going around in 3 to 4 inch heels for pledges seem to be right in our where to go heeling list.

lol histiletto, I too am looking forward to one of those locally, however i would be more interested not in actually doing it, but actually seeing how well that type of charity event would be taken in conservative utah :winkiss:

Hey Olounda, Yes, seeing the attitudes of people toward male heelers for any kind of cause would be, well let's stay at interesting. As I mentioned before, I really want to see the reaction of the business community as we go heeling on the city sidewalks to approach them for pledges before the actual event. Walking through their front door may raise some eyebrows, but I hope it opens their hearts for fighting against the abuse many women have been enduring within our "enlightened" society.

I followed up on the event, after the fact, and found that nearly all the participants were doctors, lawyers, TV personalities, etc. They only wanted people or companies with money and name recognition to participate. Also it was held at an upscale mall werre the average "Joe" cannot afford to shop. While it would have been fun, I wanted no part in that kind of event. I emailed the organizers and told them what I thought, and advised them they had "borrowed" the name from another nationwide organization, but I got no response.