Hole in the heel

hi everybody, does anyody of you own a pair of "pleaser gogo 300"? i just bought this pair for fun but I never really had fun with it. after having used it the third time there were real holes in the heels. that can´t be normal! what should I do? my shoe seller did not answer to my request. is it normal that the inside of the heel is hollow? use some glue to fill it up? did anydody have the same problems? Help! B

post-12717-133522885093_thumb.jpg

post-12717-133522885098_thumb.jpg

thats completely normal...most chunky heels that i know of are hollow Most companys, that i know of, like pleaser, evans, etc make a point of that fact....for example the evans cowboy/girl boots they have a hollow heel and give a real "clip clop" style sound to them...and thats with the heel tap fully inplace. As you would expect once the heel tap is worn away the sound gets louder. I do beleive that one member on the original forum filled up his hollow chunkie heels and said that it demured the sound...so its up to yourself wether or not you want to fill them in. Regards TDS

Block style heels are often left hollow to save weight and this usually amplifies the sound. (Of course, it saves cost too.) If you want to fill them with something to deaden the sound, I'd suggest urethane foam such as "Great Stuff" -- it comes in an aerosol can and is available at building materials stores. Fill about 1/3 of the cavity with the foam -- this stuff is intended to fill voids and it expands as it cures. It expands a lot! Just think, if that heel was solid you would be picking up a fair amount of material with each step -- merely walking could turn into a real workout!

Have a happy time!

Heels are hollow to save cost on materials and to reduce the weight of the shoe. Just take them to a shoe repairer and he will almost certainly recap them for you.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I used some expanding foam to fill up a pair of chunky hollow heels on a pair of boots I own. You want to make sure to use minimal-expansion foam (usually listed for around windows and doors). If you do it after the soles have been repaired, you can do it by drilling 2 tiny holes thru the sole. Use one hole to inject the foam; the other one vents the trapped air the foam will replace. When you start to get foam coming out of the vent hole, your're done. You can the clean off any foam that's gotten on the sole. Whatever you can't get will typically get worn off while walking, and you'll probably barely notice the two holes. I don't know in your case, if it's better to try to fill the heels now. My concern would be that you don't know the specifics of the replacement sole, and if it needs to go into the heel a bit, the foam could restrict that. But I'll let others who might have done this chime in.

after having used it the third time there were real holes in the heels. that can´t be normal! what should I do? my shoe seller did not answer to my request.

I think the point of the topic has been missed here! It is not normal for these heels to break up after three wears (unless you are leaving 6 months between each?) the reason they have broken up is because the heels are plastic & that plastic looks to me to have perished. hence it breaking up.

The only reason they would have perished is through age or adverse storage conditions.

You have either owned these for some time, hence my bracketed comment previously or (most likely) they are old stock that the retailer may have brought some time ago (maybe part of a bulk buy) that have sat in-stock for to long!

In the UK shoe retail law states that shoes should be "fit for purpose" & " merchantable quality" which these are clearly not.

Not sure what the laws are in Belgium (as per your profile) but I would be looking at your countries retail laws. These SHOULD be replaced by the retailer.

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

I think the point of the topic has been missed here! It is not normal for these heels to break up after three wears (unless you are leaving 6 months between each?) the reason they have broken up is because the heels are plastic & that plastic looks to me to have perished. hence it breaking up.

The only reason they would have perished is through age or adverse storage conditions.

You have either owned these for some time, hence my bracketed comment previously or (most likely) they are old stock that the retailer may have brought some time ago (maybe part of a bulk buy) that have sat in-stock for to long!

In the UK shoe retail law states that shoes should be "fit for purpose" & " merchantable quality" which these are clearly not.

Not sure what the laws are in Belgium (as per your profile) but I would be looking at your countries retail laws. These SHOULD be replaced by the retailer.

Lee

While all of the comments are worthwhile, I think Lee has more or less put his foot on things. One thing is for sure, UV light is the absolute nemisis of plastic, so if the shoes have been exposed to direct sunlight or any other source of UV for an extended period, then that might easily account for the deterioration of the plastic. Check with yer local and state retail laws and if the seller is liable, then take 'em back.

Otherwise, I'd fill up those heels with foam and cap them with a nice grade of sole leather.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• 1 month later...

I had them repaired by a shoemaker and he told me the sole was made of cheap and thin plastic. that is why these boots were damaged so fast! it cost only 5 euros and now i can say ... i´m walking yes indeed i´m walking!