High heels at school?

firewall5

I could post for days on this, because the question really depends on the situation. I would love to just create the rule of "once you're 18, it's fair game" but even that isn't the best idea in every situation. Maybe around 15 or 16, but it all depends on the school, they type of students, the neighbourhood... many variables for something like this. The reason being - what image will the shoes bring? Kids are judgemental, and okay, I am not sure how north american boys are going to respect a girl they see as sexy. There are many ways to educate a girl in avoiding teen pregnancy, and one of them is "take care with what you wear." Lower heels on boots might be good, or sandals, sure, but five inch stiletto pumps? I think the rule of 18 would apply there. I am sure Chris and I will be able to give you better details in 6 or 7 years. It's not about limiting a teenager's freedom, so much as it is protecting a child in those years when things, if they go wrong, can really go wrong and mess up a life. Of course, it all depends on the situation, and the social factors surrounding it.

I am sure Chris and I will be able to give you better details in 6 or 7 years.

Is a "congratulations" appropriate here or am I seeing something between the lines that is not there?

What's all the fuss about?

I don't think 5" stilletos would be considered sexy or a turn-on by most North American boys under 17. Wierd, maybe, but not sexy. Fashion tastes change rather drastically as they get into their senior teen years, at least that is what I have observed with myself, as well as observing my two teenage sons, ages 14 and 17, respectively.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

A large amount of UK schoolgirls aged about 13 to 16 already wear 4 or 5 inch block heel loafers, or ankle boots, with roughly a 1 inch platform, every day to school. You don't see any wearing stiletto heels, but a few years ago, a few did so.

Is a "congratulations" appropriate here or am I seeing something between the lines that is not there?

You're missing something. Anyone who has ever read everything I have posted will know that Chris has a daughter who is nine. Nine plus seven equals sixteen. :wink:

Things must be very different since I was in high school, where they would not have allowed anyone to wear heels so high, and no one really wanted to, anyway, except for a few of the teachers here and there.

Chunky loafers are one thing, very different than stilettos pumps. Put them beside one another, and you'll have two very different images.

Okay, given the predisposition of most teens for baggy pants, many pairs of Nike runners, and bell bottom jeans that drag on the ground (and thus fray), I suppose the boys are not going to see a pair of stiletto heels as attractive. Shows the folly of our youth, and why they all need a swift kick in the asterix!

Okay, maybe I don't have as great a say in the matter, but I know that the subject will come up one day, given what I wear and given how a young girl can be full of questions.

We shall have to see!

You're missing something. Anyone who has ever read everything I have posted ....

I'm sorry, I sometimes miss something as I got a life too... Too much traffic on this site to be able to keep up!

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 4 weeks later...