Super arch?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a moment of madness, I ordered the superach DVD from Archenemys last week. Its something Ive never done before. I was plesantly surprised to find it was delivered to Sydney Australia yesterday. And it actually plays ! I havent had a chance to watch it all but I can say the quality is far far superior to what you see on the preveiw clip So, from my very limited experience, archenemys are reliable. Mind you, I am now closely watching my credit card for unauthorised entrys Rog

is archenemies really that unreliable?

well, I've heard too many stories... check out the comments under the "Shops" link:

A nice web site. Pity about everything else. Exchange policy is virtually non-existent as they want a fee of 20% of the price for any exchange. Cancellation of order is essentially not allowed as it is at their discretion. I ordered a pair from their catalogue in November 2001, was charged $200 (immediately taken from my credit card) and, nine months later, I am still waiting for delivery! Since May 2002, I have repeatedly e-mailed asking for money back but no answer. Next step is to complain to the Federal Trade Commission. Verdict: the shop is run by crooks, do not buy anything from them.

Same Ripoff! Ordered a pair of shoes, was charged immediately, was told the order could not be produced by the manufacturer. I canceled the order two months ago and have not heard from them since. My repeated emails have been ignored.

Great collection, but I do not trust them with my money. I know from personal experience that they are SLOW on delivery, and I know from their (former) forum that others have experienced that as well. Also they took on too many orders a while back, and canceled all orders, without giving people - at least me - money back. And they do now answer me when I email them about it. It's a SHAME that a site with such a great collection of shoes are run by people you can't trust with your money.

Although they indicate they have the styles that I'm interested in, I have always been apprehensive about placing an order. Here is my reason. When I first discovered their web site years ago, they used to have a posting section where people/customers could post comments. I was surprised to see that Archenemy was allowing customers to post complaints about back orders and customer service. Well, over time, as it seemed that the complaints seemed to be increasing in volume and intensity, the comment section disappeared from their site. Hmmmm...very interesting. After reading all those complaints, I'm just glad and lucky I never placed an order with this company. For all of you unsatisfied customers, check out http://ecrooks.20m.com/page2.html for some ideas that might help.

Warning! Avoid these guys! Lots of pretty pictures but they take your money and run.

That one doesn't give off the same impact as the first one. She's pretty much standing around in the new one. Where's the walk down stairs or the walk to a car?

I wish I was a size 10

That TLSB link http://www.thelittleshoebox.com/ just takes you to an announcement.

If you want the shop part of the site, you'll need instead: http://www.thelittleshoebox.com/frameset.htm Their site navigation has been messed up for nearly a year now.

I believe that (some of) the ArchEnemys shoes come from Leatherworks London, who have a shop about a mile from TLSB, also very near Islington.

in case you've missed it, the new superarch flick is upp now..

I can't believe it! Just as I think she has produced the finest high heel video ever, I see another one better. Superb! Has anyone bought any of these? Are they any good? I am SO impressed with the clips. It just feels like they are expensive to buy (when you can make your own).

I HAVE ordered from ArchEnemys and was very pleased with my transaction. I ordered the Doubleshot Tennis video and it was OK. Video quality was OK but they're using a camcorder (they're now using a digital camcorder) for their filming and only one at that. You get a 'sideline' perspective as in their previews. It took about three days for the order to go from Maine to Virginia here in the US. No problems at all. I will order from them again when I have the $$$. If anyone has run a small business you will know that there are ups and downs. I'm NOT condoning failure to complete transactions as that is poor practice at best, but sometimes a second chance is warranted. I also did a quick search through the MSN YellowPages link and found these entries: Wallcrawler 182 Water Street, Augusta, ME 04330 (207) 622-7426 and Wallcrawler 182 Water Street, Augusta, ME 04330 (207) 623-9678 The address is the same as posted on their website so I would have to presume these numbers SHOULD be good for those who have had problems with them. TIP: Call them and if you get a recording, ask them to call you back concerning an order you'd like to place. Say something like you're interested in two pair of their superarch heels as they're fairly expensive. I'm SURE you'd get a call back!! Once you get them on the phone, ask for a NAME (First and LAST) and then state your business. DON'T GIVE UP!! MAKE THEM HONOR THEIR COMMITTMENT TO YOU!!! Good Luck!!! Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is, I just want to do it again NOW!!!!

And how is this a problem? Sounds quite normal and unproblematic to me!

:wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Oh My! Those are very high! Very nice, but only for the more advanced heel wearer.

There must be other retailers who do stuff very similar, and just as high, Leatherworks, The Little Shoe Box, Veronicas, Fuss, Pierre Silber and so on.

That heel angle doesn't look quite right. It looks like it is angled in just slightly too much.

I would worry that it would fold in under the shoe after only a few wearings.

• 3 months later...