Hello from New Hampshire

While I have been a member of this site since 2002 and frequented the site quite a bit off and on, I have recently decided to truly embrace my love of heels. I have been blessed with a loving wife who not only supports me in my interests, but shares it with me. The past few months have been ones of revelation and contemplation for me...a very difficult time. I had weeks on end where I didn't even bother, just tried to be "normal" and only wore sneakers as I thought that would be best for everyone (me, my wife, my family, etc). But through many conversations with my wife, one of my friends, my brother, and even my Mother, I've realized that by trying to be "normal" I am only hurting myself and those around me, especially my wife. I can't hide my love of heels or my desire to wear them not only in the house, but in public as a part of my normal male attire. As my neighbor put it, "it's only shoes" and I shouldn't be ashamed or fearful. I have made great strides (literally) in the past week and a half - done some street heeling and even wore my 4 inch custom made cowboy boots to Easter with my entire family - that is something I never thought I'd be able to do. There are a lot of people on this site that have truly inspired me to take these steps - seeing how confident and comfortable they are has helped me immensely and I want to thank all of you. So, hello from New Hampshire and I look forward to becoming a more active member of the site - I hope to give as much support for others as I've gotten from all of you.

Congratulations, NH Heels! :winkiss: If it were not for the stigma of "shame" attached by society for men wearing female items of clothing anywhere except in the privacy of one's own home, coming out of the house wearing high heels wouldn't be as nerve wracking as it is. It takes courage and determination to open the door and take that first step out into the daylight wearing an attractive pair of woman's shoes. If, as you wrote, you found true inspiration on the pages of this forum, I can't help but feel a real sense of pride and accomplishment for my forum mates in that we all have had a positive experience in helping one individual to fulfill his deepest dream and to become the person he truthfully is, then we accept your thanks with open minds and are thankful that we made some small contribution to your well being. We're all looking forward to reading of your adventures and talking about the latest styles of heels you've recently purchased....and, you will buy more pairs. :silly:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, I am very sincere in my thanks. I have recently realized that fear of many things has been holding me back from truly enjoying my life. When it started to hurt my relationship with my wife is when I decided that I really had to get a grip on it. We have known eachother for over 16 years and been married for almost 3. She has known about my passion for heels for about 10 and has always tried to encourage me. About a month ago, I had kind of an identity crisis and started wearing nothing but sneakers, which completely ticked her off. I almost never wear sneakers, since I have not only a collection of heels, but also quite a large collection of cowboy boots. After having a rather heated discussion one day when she came home and found me wearing sneakers again, I decided what I needed to do. I enlisted the help of a female friend that I felt certain that I could trust with my little secret. As I suspected, she was very accepting about it. This helped a great deal and I now receive affermation texts every now and then from her. I than decided to talk to my mother (again). I had talked to her about it a little about 6 years ago and honestly she really seemed ok with it. Same with the recent conversation. She understands that it's just shoes, and it's really nobody elses business. These things combined with reading all of the stories about everyone elses fun adventures (frankly I'm more than a little jealous) have certainly been big influences. So, little by little I am making progress. I have had several noneventful and nerve wracking heeling experiences recently and will continue to do so. I apologize if I've been a little long winded, but I feels good to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading. Scott, we will definately need to make plans to get together soon. Sorry about having to cancel last time. NH Heels

Very well put, Bubba, and I'm fully with you on this passion by NH Heels. And good luck to him in his future heeling adventures. They make for some very interesting reading. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Welcome and about F$%^%n time. :winkiss: With my personal experience around NH, VT, ME and MA, most people just stair and keep their mouths shut in public, so I have never been subjected to any kind of issues. Kind of boring though, so now I mess with them with making actual eye contact after I catch them looking at my boots and flash a smile at the women that catch my fancy.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Sorry Hoverfly I guess I change my mind as often as the New England weather. It's been difficult for me to find a balance. Thanks for the welcome. I believe we may have talked in the past.

Sorry Hoverfly I guess I change my mind as often as the New England weather. It's been difficult for me to find a balance. Thanks for the welcome. I believe we may have talked in the past.

I take your word for it, I don't rembemer............:winkiss: any way maybe in the near feature like in the fall maybe a gathering of New England heelers in Boston would be a good idea? I trying to remember how many are there on this board now.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!