Hands and heels

HHfanatic

Where do you put your hands when you walk with heels? I have to put them in my pockets...I have problems to have them hanging loose as I do when I walk with flats. Now I understand why women always us a shoulder bag, so they at least have a place to have one hand.

Its all about maintaining the strut. you cannot strut with your hands in your pockets... i sometimes walk with my hands in my pocket, if it is cold, but most of the time, they sway by my side. thats just me though.

Me I never walk with my hands in my pocket. Why? Wearing a skirt or a dress most of the time there is no pocket to put my hand in and even if I´m wearing trousers/jeans sometimes I never walk with my hands in the pocket. Me out walking I´m always carryng a hand bag a shoulder bag, as HHfanatic said. I always having a handbag not just to have a place to have one of my hand on. I just need a hand bag for all my things, that´s why. My other hand I just let it sway by my side. Walking in high heels and wearing a skirt or dress as well I have to walk with short delicate steps, I have to strut, trottering my way ahead. There is no other way for mne. I can´t do it with my hands in my pocket, even if I had any. So, as you said HHfanatic, holding my shoulder bag with one hand my other hand I just let sway by my side or better, walking together with my fiance I hold this hand in his.

Just go with the flow, because it is all about balance. You have developed your own natural rhythm in the way you swing your arms as you learned to walk. This same gait should adapt to your walking in high heels to balance out your movements. The body makes adjustments when you fold arms in front, clasp hands in back, carry things, hold on to shoulder straps, or pocket the hands to maintain a familiar balance. With a bit of time doing different things to figure out what works best for your comfort zone, there is an answer to your dilemma. I really want to be able to have a natural looking walk while wearing 5.5" stilettos with no platforms. There have been many hours of practice to obtain this balance and now I can walk around the house with a type of prancing strut, but to publicly heel in my 5.5 inchers, I haven't achieve the graceful comfort zone I have with 5" stilettos, yet! Perhaps, I may never venture publicly in my 5.5's, but I am enjoying the challenge.