Hello guys

Always have been interested in heels. I haven't purchased a pair yet. Any suggestions for a beginner. I wear a men's size 11, but am not sure on what size to get. I've been to Payless a few times to try on a pair, but most of the Payless stores in my area (Dallas) doesn't carry anything beyond a women's size 12. Any suggestions?

Greetings and welcome to HHplace. As far as sizing, start with a 13 (US women's) and expect to have some challenges: > Sizing is not absolute. You may find some 13's are tight while some 12's fit fine. Sometimes the sizes almost seem random -- there's a lot of talk about that here. > You are definitely one us bigfeets, which means your selection will be limited. Payless is a good place to start because they do carry larger sizes -- but there are a lot of lines out there that don't go above 10 or 11. You may have to look for stores outside of your area to get bigger ones -- or go to their website and order on-line. Happy heeling and we all envy you for that rush you get when you slip on your first pair of heels and stand up! We all remember it well. . .

Have a happy time!

Welcome to hhplace, nivlekbrad ! Congratulations on your wanting to purchase your first pair of heels. :w00t2:

US women,s size 13 shoes, while not unusual, are kinda hard to find. If you are looking for a pair of relatively inexpensive, good quality high heels, you might check out http://www.sexyshoes.com . They have some styles in stock up to size 14. The selection is rather large with pairs of boots, pumps, sandals and other styles in stock. The company is extremely reliable and easy to deal with. Plus you have the option of ordering on line or over the telephone. Their telephone sales people are very knowledgeable, helpful and answer questions and provide information respectfully, without the slightest hint of reproach. They also have a very liberal return/exchange policy that makes it easy to get the correct sizes. ;-)

Should you need additional advice or help in any other area of women's shoes, just ask and i'm sure one of the members will be glad to help.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

hi and welcome, i also wear a mans 12 and i can wear some womens 12w or 13 just depends on the heels. so you will just have to find them in your size. my payless stores have them in my size so its awesome going in there and trying some on. i wish you luck on your first heels purchase.