The international women´s day

I´m not a feminist but last Sunday on The International Women´s Day I went to a symposium on women´s lib together with my sister. My sister too is not much of a feminst, she´s a bit like me but we come to talk about this, "why not going to one of those symposiums". Any body else here on this board visiting such a symposium last Sunday? Some of the things said there was good and we, my sister and me is realy thinking the same as them Like men and women should have the same salaries, things like that, men and women should be treated equal and be given the same oppurtuneties in life. I know from my own experiance this isn´t always how it is. Men and women aren´t treated equal. That´s why I think this day is needed.

Yes. On 8th of March, I've been at "Manifa" - a feminist demonstration. There were some people on our side [and there could've been more of us!], with permission to demonstrate - and several right-wing fanatics on the other side, illegally. Fortunately, no riots. For pics, take a look at my gallery: http://elegantandrogyne.deviantart.com .

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

I´m not a feminist but last Sunday on The International Women´s Day I went to a symposium on women´s lib together with my sister.

My sister too is not much of a feminst, she´s a bit like me but we come to talk about this, "why not going to one of those symposiums". Any body else here on this board visiting such a symposium last Sunday?

Some of the things said there was good and we, my sister and me is realy thinking the same as them Like men and women should have the same salaries, things like that, men and women should be treated equal and be given the same oppurtuneties in life.

I know from my own experiance this isn´t always how it is. Men and women aren´t treated equal.

That´s why I think this day is needed.

Equal consideration for all individuals is the goal society should be concerned with daily in every program it deals with. However, the possibility of this happening is kind of remote, because of factors like: the squeaky wheel gets the grease, too many sheep, only the strong survive, or what's in it for me attitudes; keeps the efforts for equality in the background.

As male heelers, we have something else to share with our female friends, aquaintances, and mates that can increase the spirit of equality. We have also suffered the issues of being seen as less than we are. Hopefully, the men and women in our lives can realize the error of the prevalent social attitude toward men in heels and can accept the fact that men and women really aren't as different as they have been lead to believe.

That´s why I think this day is needed.

My unprompted response is that of all places, Sweden needs feminism the least, simply because the country is built on the principle of equality.

Feminism in its traditional form is nothing but a good thing, something nobody of any intelligence can disagree with, as no one can make a sensible case against equality.

Standpoint feminism however, overshoots the target by trying to turn a male dominated society in a female dominated one, which is exactly the same problem.

Unfortunately, a lot more feminism is needed to reach balance: the entire Middle East, Africa, Latin America are male bastions with no signs of any cracks.

What's all the fuss about?

I agree with what being said by Elegant, Histiletto and Arctic about the women´s day, the women´s lib. Thinking much the same, feeling much the same about this. Arctic said, "Sweden needs feminism the least, simply because the country is built on the priciple of equality." That´s true Actic but even Sweden isn´t perfect. I think we have a long way to go before men and women are treated equaly even here in Sweden too. That men and women are not equal can mostly be seen in the profesional life, in working life, here in Sweden.