"Old"boots, new heels

HHfanatic

HHFanatic, it looks like they did a great job changing out the heels. They do definitely look more stylish and feminine. I'm a bit partial to the chunkier heels, as I'm looking at them more towards day to day passability while wearing them vs just style. I don't think I've been to your website since your post about it a couple of months ago. The organization of the pictures, and the descriptive text next to each of them is great, definitely provides more information to visitors. Well done! I assume you're finally back from your trip to Scandanavia. Were the first boots (10cm block heel) the ones you wore there? If so, how did they work out overall for you? From some of your occasional posts, they seemed good. Did you notice anything about them that made you said, "If I was redesigning them, I'd change this..."? For the boots you changed out the heel one, how has your experience with them been? You said on your website "... too high to be used outside for the moment." Are you still wearing them inside, or have you ventured outside with them? Also, I'm not sure if it was planned, but I couldn't help but notice that each next pair of boots has a thinner heel. The first pair of boots had a block heel, the leather boots had a 6" chunk heel, then the leatherette had a smaller heel (width), now the leather ones have an even smaller tapered heel. I'm curious was some of your observations were, since for the last 3, they were basically the exact same boot, just different width heels. My guess is you might like the look of the thinner heels, but how are they in terms of walkability, balance, etc? I was tempted to wonder if you said, "oops, I went too thin with these...", but based on your comment, it sounds like you're very happy with them. Do you have any other boots in development? (I did see your post about I believe pony boot trainers). Without prying, have you had orders from anyone else? Just curious what type of shoes/boots others are looking to create for themselves.

Jwhite, My 4" boots is definitive very nice boots for everyday walking. I would like to change out the heels to slimmer heels on them aswell, and I will most likely do that shortly. I like the thinner heels a lot better than block heels, but for outdoor use, a block heels make the walk a lot more comfortable. My last updated boots, is for me so close to perfect I beleave I can have a pair of boots. I need to reduce my feet size if they, in my point of view, shall look any better. My 6" boots has still not been outsiden, the leatherette is sold on Ebay, and now I have the leatherboots out on Ebay aswell. I need to let people know I exist, so selling on Ebay is a good way of doing that. I have several other boots I will have made in the future, but my business has just started so I want to have a slow start and not rush it to much in the beginning. I need to find the limitations of the manufacture. We have had several meetings lately. They are conservative asians, but they make very good on footwear. Strong and durable and make the footwear to last for a decade... I have made some different footwear allready for other customers and I regulary get questions about making different footwear and orders are ongoing. The trainers need some adjustments to have a better fit. These ones are made as a test only, I get back with more info later..:-) A shame leather is so darn expensive! And in combination with still high asian currency`s, the leather footwear will be very expensive. Good thing leatherette is a good option aswell..:-)

Great change, I wish I knew a cobbler that could do those things. I got lots of boots that would be made perfect with some small modification. But I would not know where to turn to.

What's all the fuss about?

Great change, I wish I knew a cobbler that could do those things. I got lots of boots that would be made perfect with some small modification. But I would not know where to turn to.

There are some benefits to be living in the 3. world. (Philippines)

There are many good craftsmen everywhere that can fix anything as long as it is made the old way.

But stay clear of any hightech...that will only give you a headache if it go wrong..:-)

I've been buying and selling on eBay for years and a couple things jumped out at me. From your listing, "Price 352 usd + transport and ebay fee." If someone reports that listing, eBay will pull it because you can't add eBay or PayPal fees to the final price like that. They should be included in your starting price. Also, your listing is an auction so the final price, hopefully, will be more than $352. That shouldn't be in that sentence, either. While you're at it, change kneeheight in the title to knee high as nobody searches for kneeheight as one word. As long as you have no bids and there's at least 12 hours left for the listing to run, you can change anything. eBay does not allow you to advertise your site like that. It's OK if there's just pictures of those boots, but you're taking orders there, so please kill the links. I'm sorry I seem so picky, but if a competitor reports the listing to eBay, they'll take it down and you might lose your fees. Oh, nice boots!

If I`m not wrong, I have seen many do about the same thing and this is my second time doing it this way. Well, I let it go and see what happends. If they stop it, they stop it. But thanks for the info, I keep it in mind next time..:-)

I've been buying and selling on eBay for years and a couple things jumped out at me.

From your listing, "Price 352 usd + transport and ebay fee."

If someone reports that listing, eBay will pull it because you can't add eBay or PayPal fees to the final price like that. They should be included in your starting price.

Well, you got right...I was kicked out..;-)