Shoes For Small Feet

spiker

OK now that Barratts has gone to the wall, does anyone know anywhere that makes shoes specifcally for small feet? My fiancée has about a UK 1.5 - 2 foot so we can't get nice shoes anywhere ;-) If she buys kids shoes, then there's never much of a heel on them - she's only about five foot tall so likes to wear heels for that little but extra! Thanks. Spiker.

Not sure how good New Looks' shoes are for smaller feet? It's worth a try, and they're similarly priced to Barratts, cheaper in fact. Barratts still trade online and only some of their stores have closed. Not sure what the long term plan is, though - maybe stock up on the styles she likes while you still have a chance making sure you use your credit card in case they close suddently? That's unlikely though considering they're in the hands of administrators. I'm gonna miss Barratts ;-)

Thanks Roz, New Look has some lovely shoes, but don't go below a size 3. Barratts had a little section hidden at the back of the store where they did their normal range, but in small sizes. I'm not sure what's happenning to them long term, the one in The Bull Ring in Birmingham has closed already. I forgot to mention that I have found some online stores that are targetted specifcally at small feet, but you don't get much for less than about £80. In Barratts you could get a nice pair for about £40. We'll miss Barratts too....damn recession ;-) Simon.

Ah right, OK - thanks for explaining. I am a size 5 so have never really been on the lookout for small sizes. The Barratts in Eastbourne is totally cleared out apart from a single pair of Gardenia platforms on the top of an empty display. What a waste, they're such great platforms ;-) I will keep an eye out though on my various endeavours, good luck in finding the smaller sizes.

Saw a shop in the West End recently that had a good selection of small sizes. Blowed if I can remember where. Maybe St Christopher's Place area near Wigmore St?

Thanks for that everyone. That Cinderella Of Boston site's crazy - they go down to size 2 US! I don't even know what that would be in the UK - kids sizes I guess. I didn't think anyone had smaller feet than my Mrs! Thanks again - if anyone comes across anymore, please feel free to add them here! Simon.

I'd recommend Ebay. The attached were found doing a couple of basic searches. Look in the vintage sections too. My old flatmate had tiny feet and was always jealous of my girlfriends range of vintage heels. So we bought her a pair of size 2 UK vintage heels and she wore them until they fell apart. Thanks, Ben

post-9545-133522881262_thumb.jpg

I'd recommend Ebay. The attached were found doing a couple of basic searches.

Look in the vintage sections too.

My old flatmate had tiny feet and was always jealous of my girlfriends range of vintage heels. So we bought her a pair of size 2 UK vintage heels and she wore them until they fell apart.

Thanks,

Ben

I've never had much kuck searching eBay for shoes, do you pu the size in the search string or do you just browse?

Thanks.

Simon.

Try this Link to a search in women's shoes size UK2

Here's a link for women's size UK2 vintage

With the vintage search I choose size UK 2.5 and 3 too. Vintage comes up small. Ask the seller to supply toe box width and insole length and compare to shoes of a similar style you have that fit.

Try other countries Ebay sites too. France and Italy and surprisingly Germany can yield treasure.

Here's a link for Ebay Italy Euro size 35 (smallest they go down to)

France here

Germany here

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ben

Wow - thanks for all your help Benno - much appreciated!

I'll start looking through those results now, see if we can't find something nice for her to wear!

Thanks again.

Simon.

No Problem Simon. I'm only too happy to help.

Good luck. Let us all know how you get along.

Cheers,

Ben