Anti-Heels Article from 1930

onyourtoes

Indeed... curiosities like these emerge all the time. I read an article about a "hush hush" aeroplane of the late 20s which was the design that led to the spitfire. The man in the interview stuck his neck out and predicted that the sound barrier will be broken within a hundred years... it took about 20!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

This out-dated article is a perfect example of how "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". This, obviously prejudiced, writer decries the wearing of high heels without so much as a blush about the fact that over the centuries women have been so down-trodden that they had only won the right to vote just a few short years before the article was published. A more perfect example of double-standard hypocrisy would be hard to come by. The woods are full of such double-minded Neanderthals who are mere steps away from clubbing women over the head and dragging them by the hair into their lairs; for purposes that are best left unstated on this forum.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I haven't read the whole writing yet, so I may want to ammend this later, but these are my first thoughts. Although high heels have achieve major acceptance in our culture, this attitude has carried through and continues to be shared by many. There will always be people who haven't found the pair of heels that fit for them, so they can't believe others can wear heels without much discomfort or even be comfortable at all. Again, adorning one's appearance is an individual's right to choose how and what they want to wear. Yes, there are social guidelines and coordination issues, but the ultimate decision to wear something should be left to the person wearing the article(s). So you make Blackwell's list of diverse exhibitions. You are still alive and enjoying life. I keep getting reminded that we only live this life once, so make the best of it.