Rubber Loubouton Soles!

Tanya P

Now, my £1K boutin boots, kinda had to have a new sole, got a rubber red sole from Ebay.Got them fitted by the local cobbler, they look soo sad! Think it was the wrong choice! Anyone else tried to re-heel l'booties? Timpsons....not a good call! x TP

Oh no, what went wrong? Was it the cobbler's fault or did it just not work out? I've got lots of Louboutins but thank god have never had to reheel. Dreading the day when I have to. What boots are they, and what are you gonna do?

That's a tragic story Tanya. I feel for you. I always give mine to Louboutin in Knightsbridge for repairs. They know how to make them look as good as new. I don't remember the address but I do have the phone number here: 02072456510 Don't worry, give them a call, They'll know what to do. ;-)

Amanda, that is brill, you're a star! Thanks for that will give them a call ;-)) hopefully they can operate!! Roz, they cut away the original red sole and glued the new rubber one on...and then in the process of however they do it, scuffed the actual shoe :w00t2:( Sacrilege i know! Not sure the name of the boot, but my b'friend bought them from Net-a-porter for me a couple of xmas' ago, knee length, plain black, I love them. xTP

Yes, thanks Amanda too, that reassures me about the time when I need to make repairs to my Loubies. The sole on my first pair is looking a bit worse for wear now so perhaps when I go up to London next I'll take them with me. Tanya, I hope you can fix the scuff too. They sound like really nice boots. I've got a few pairs of Louboutin boots, they're by far my favourite boots I own. Did you complain to Timpsons? Surely they should offer compensation?